Username
Password
Entertainment News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Entertainment
Inside AP.net

Entertainment Round-Up (10/09/2011)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (10/09/11)
Check out the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television, and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27.
11:32 AM on 10/09/11
Linda Ferreira
retired maillady
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up contributors: Indoor_Living, rest_easy, stayillogical, and Thomas Balkcom

Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) Best news.

02) Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. to be re-released in theaters in 3D, as well as Beauty and The Beast and The Little Mermaid.

03) Willllburrrr...did you guys hear that? It sounded like irrelevance.

04) The first pictures from Tarsem Singh’s Snow White have been released.

05) Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) joins the cast of Paradise Lost as Satan’s right hand man.

06) Here are this week’s latest pictures of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

07) Due to lack of funds, Gotti: In The Shadow Of My Father has been put on hold.

08) Aaron Eckhart will star in the adaptation of Stuart Beattie’s graphic novel, I, Frankenstein.

09) As you all must already know, Steve Jobs has passed away. But, you may not know there’s a book coming out soon and rumor has it Sony is looking to acquire the film rights. Of course.

10) Werner Herzog is having quite the year. His documentary Into The Abyss will be released next month instead of next year.

11) Here are the first photos of Michelle Williams, Emma Watson, and Kenneth Branagh in My Week With Marilyn.

12) Kristen Lehman (The Killing) joins Colin Firth and Emily Blunt in the dark comedy Arthur Newman, Golf Pro.

13) The first three Twilight movies head back to theaters next month. Can you hear the collective gasp of teenage girls everywhere?

14) Expect a trailer for The Avengers next week, but in the meanwhile, here are some more pics.

15) Jena Malone will play author Carson McCullers in the biopic Lonely Hunter. I hope this is finally her big break.

16) Take a look at the latest movie posters: J. Edgar, The Human Centipede 2 (NSFW), and Shame.

17) Looks like the french actress Berenice Marlohe has been confirmed as the next Bond girl.

18) Robert Zemeckis’s next project will be a paranormal adventure Charles Fort, an adaptation of the Dark Horse comic.

19) Johnny Depp will produce and star in a biopic about Dr. Seuss. That makes sense.

20) After receiving charges for the Cannes debacle, Lars von Trier swears to no longer speak to the press or do interviews again.

21) Julia Stiles and Chris Tucker join the cast of David O. Russell’s The Silver Linings Playbook, starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.

22) Michael Raymond-James (True Blood, Terriers) will play Werner Herzog’s henchman in the Tom Cruise thriller One Shot.

23) Paul Walker will star in a Post-Katrina film titled “Hours.”

24) Javier Bardem will voice the villain in Despicable Me 2.

25) Michael Angarano will play Julianne Moore’s love interest in The English Teacher. The little kid from Almost Famous sure has grown up.

26) Chinatown and The Rock writer Robert Towne will develop The Battle of Britain.

27) Jamie Alexander (Thor) and Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights) join Schwarzenegger for The Last Stand.

28) Clint Eastwood will take a break from directing and star in the baseball movie Trouble With The Curve.

29) Paul Fieg drops out of the Bridget Jones 3 project.

30) Billy Crudup joins Ben Stiller, Vince Vaugh, Jonah Hill, and Will Forte in Neighborhood Watch.

31) Oren Moverman (The Messenger) and Ben Stiller are teaming up for a biopic on the famous producer David O. Selznick.

32) Steve McQueen’s Shame, starring a very naked Michael Fassbender, will be released on December 2. Hubba hubba!

33) Jason Statham is being sought to join the cast for The Fast and Furious 6 and 7. That would work!

34) David Cronenberg has confirmed that he has written a sequel for The Fly.

35) Writer/director Tom Six says he has plans for The Human Centipede 3 (The Final Sequence).

36) Octavia Spencer (The Help) will join Russel Brand and Julianne Hough for Diablo Cody’s directorial debut Lamb of God.

37) Rumor has it that the next Bond movie will be titled Skyfall.

38) Here’s a first look at Russel Crowe as Jor-El in Man of Steel.

39) Check out these district posters for The Hunger Games.

40) Here are some new character posters for A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas.

41) Olivia Wilde will play super model Suzy Miller in Ron Howard’s Rush.

42) Mr. Ed is heading to the big screen.

43) Warner Bros. and Robert Downey Jr. are adapting the legal drama Perry Mason. If RDJ is half as good as his Larry Paul character, this will be great.

44) Matthew Vaugh will adapt the comic book Superior.

Television

01) ‘Dexter’ and ‘Homeland’ open to biggest Showtime premieres since 1997 and 2003, respectively.

02) Fox has picked up a father-son workplace comedy project from two of the writers of ‘Wilfred.’

03) NBC has canceled ‘The Playboy Club’ after only 3 episodes.

04) Party Down’s Lizzy Caplan to join New Girl for 3 episodes. Justin Long has also been confirmed for 3 episodes.

05) Remember that 90s show Hey Dude? Well, you can watch reruns now on TeenNick.

06) Fox renews The Simpsons for a 24th and 25th season.

07) Long live the great Cornholio... watch a trailer for Beavis and Butthead’s return to MTV this month.

08) Rhea Perlman and Kirstie Alley will reunite for an ABC comedy pilot.

09) Now you can watch season 1 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

10) Snoop Dogg may star in a family sitcom on NBC. True story.

11) The Coen brothers are crossing over to television with a one hour comedy for Fox.

12) Will and Jada Pinkett Smith sell a comedy to ABC.

13) Sesame Street will introduce a new muppet to teach kids about economic woes.

14) Fox is set to adapt the fantasy novel, The Magicians, described as Harry Potter for adults, into a drama series.

15) NBC cancels Free Agents.

16) The CW pulls the plug on reality series H8R.

17) Adult Swim renews National Terrorism Strike Force: San Diego: SVU for a second season.

18) Syfy is developing a tv series based on The Adjustment Bureau.

19) The Universal Soldier franchise will be turned into a tv show.

Trailers

01) The Lady
02) War Horse (UK Trailer)
03) Young Adult
04) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (international)
05) Arthur Christmas
06) The Adventures of Tintin
07) Norman
08) My Week With Marilyn
09) Tower Heist (trailer 2)
10) Young Adult (alternate)
11) Happy Feet Two
12) The Raven
13) Puss in Boots
14) Haywire (UK trailer)
15) Answers to Nothing

Movies Out Next Week (10/14)

Footloose
The Big Year
The Thing
The Woman
Trespass
Labios Rojos
Fireflies in the Garden
Father of Invention
Chalet Girl
Texas Killing Fields
The Skin I Live In (New York/LA)

DVDs Out Next Week (10/11)

Zookeeper
The Trip
Horrible Bosses
Beautiful Boy
Septien

Absolutepunk Entertainment Links

Entertainment Forum Horror Recs of the Month
Parks and Recreation
Breaking Bad
Dexter
50/50
The Ides of March
The Dark Knight Rises
Moneyball
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

-------
sources: slashfilm.com, ropeofsilicon.com, firstshowing.net, movies.yahoo.com, trailers.apple.com, hollywoodreporter.com, deadline.com, laughspin.com, moviefone.com, indiewire.com, variety.com, cinemablend.com, dailymail.co.uk, ew.com, foxflash.com, avclub.com, twitchfilm.com, shocktillyoudrop.com, latinoreview.com, moviefone.com

-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
11:52 AM on 10/09/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Can't wait for The Avengers' trailer.

Didn't know there was plans for Despicable Me 2, awesome!

I think the new Harold and Kumar actually looks great.

Looking forward to the guest stars on New Girl.

Free Agents was really good, sucks it got cancelled.
12:01 PM on 10/09/11
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
Excited to watch Walking Dead on Netflix and I thought Eastwood was done acting? Oh well, I can't complain.
12:19 PM on 10/09/11
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
Chris Tucker in a new movie? Unheard of!!

Prison Break was one of my favorite shows so it'll be good to see Dominic in Paradise Lost.
12:33 PM on 10/09/11
mickmadethelist
Troy and Abed on the iiiiiinternet
User Info.
So glad Simpsons will continue. Its weird to think of a world where new episodes arent happening.
01:07 PM on 10/09/11
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
Glad to see some Dominic Purcell
01:13 PM on 10/09/11
XEmoBoyShandorX
Taking new user name suggestions!
User Info.
Watch all of The Walking Dead last night on Netflix, such a good show!

Really excited for the Hunger Games movie.
01:25 PM on 10/09/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
No arrested development being renewed and a movie confirmed news? or was that last week?
01:40 PM on 10/09/11
Sext Offender
hey bud, lets party
User Info.
13) The first three Twilight movies head back to theaters next month. Can you hear the collective gasp of teenage girls everywhere?

i'm sure they already have it on dvd

saw "chris tucker & julia stiles" and thought it was gonna be a new Rush Hour movie

would watch Snoop Dogg's show
01:54 PM on 10/09/11
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
User Info.
No arrested development being renewed and a movie confirmed news? or was that last week?

Last week. And it had its own news thread.
02:50 PM on 10/09/11
wecameaswaffles
Alternately Thrilled & Desperate
User Info.
3d movies suck... ughh just stop
02:50 PM on 10/09/11
domotime2
User Info.
Mr Ed movie... im giong to guess the song "get low" "baby got back" or "hot n cold" will be in the trailer. and the movie will make 200million dollars...ill be pissed off.
03:37 PM on 10/09/11
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Loving the re-runs of 90's shows on nicktoons. Stick Stickly is back on Fridays and he's definitely not as kid-friendly as i remember, haha.

Great to see Beavis and Butthead back on MTV

I have to LOL at the idea of a muppet being brought in to teach kids about economic woes. Aren't they a little young to be learning about that?
04:15 PM on 10/09/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
Last week. And it had its own news thread.
Then all is fine :] It feels like yesterday.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS