01:18 PM on 10/15/11
Mudkip!
User Info.
hawt
01:22 PM on 10/15/11
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
hahahaha jesus reading the comments gave me a good chuckle. surprisingly i felt the same way about her drew, i honestly did not give one fuck about lights until i heard her on Don't Go. I'm listening to Siberia right now and the production is ace. for some reason i could see this being played on mtv during one of their shows. don't know why.. but oh my fuck flux and flow is great. love the beats on this album.
07:28 AM on 10/17/11
JulieLauber
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree with the review, although I would like to think that she wont stay as techno-ish as this album. It's her thing, but her voice just raw and acoustic sounds better than all auto-tuned. This album is incredibly catchy, and up-beat, though. She rules.
07:29 AM on 10/17/11
JulieLauber
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think that she conveys a sense of sincerity mixed with unexpectedness. You listen to each song individually, and each individual song has it's own sound and meaning. I would like to see less auto-tuned voice, and more her voice.
08:50 PM on 10/25/11
zong
this is just a part i portray
User Info.
I wonder if the whole world is sane and I'm insane, but I loved The Listening to death. Every song. Maybe it's because it was one of the few albums I listened to, and because the songs you listen to in your teen years are the ones you favor the most, but this is really too much for me. I never really liked dubstep, but I accept that it's out there.

Maybe I'm a little bit of a conservatist, but I don't really mind if an artist/band releases the same thing. I'd actually prefer it. I'd prefer that Lights still had the theme in "The Listening", and if MCR stayed the same, instead of "pure hate and rock." I'd prefer that the All American Rejects stayed within their genre, instead of trying to expand into different genres of music, as seen in their last album. I'd prefer that Coldplay stayed true to their first albums, instead of the way too poppy new album they've just released.

Or maybe it's just me.
01:11 PM on 10/26/11
honestykills
User Info.
Much better than I expected. I would love to hear an Aaron Marsh/Lights collab.
09:40 AM on 10/27/11
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
almost all the way through this album. WAY better than the other one. love the dub vibes.
01:30 PM on 12/10/11
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
When I first heard of LIGHTS, I thought her music wasn't anything special. I assumed her to be the Canadian equivalent to Owl City and nothing more. Now that I think about it, this comparison is funny because I'm a really big Owl City fan. Anyhoo, upon the realization that LIGHTS is extremely attractive, I had to check out Siberia. It's really good and I'm intrigued to see what the live show is like.
09:16 AM on 01/23/12
violentbreath
User Info.
I agree that this one is better than her previous album. I like the fact that she's not just another dance-trance-pop-synth musician.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums