Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Show Review: Lydia, Valise, All Get Out, Look Mexico

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (10/10/11)
My review of the Dallas stop of the Lydia tour with Valise, All Get Out, and Look Mexico can be read here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
09:37 PM on 10/10/11
Ender217
User Info.
Can someone give me an update on this band (Lydia). I saw them two years ago in what I'm pretty sure was their final tour. What changed? Did they just lose yet another female vocalist but decide to keep going?
10:25 PM on 10/10/11
aboyinastitch89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah pretty much. I think someone else left too. Apparently their popularity exploded right before their 'farewell tour' (i think they picked up a lot of fans off the copeland tour), and it took Leighton by surprise, made him and the other guy decide to stick it out. Same lead vocals, now they don't have a female backup vocals, so far as I can tell. Which is a shame, because the harmonies are one of the best parts about Illuminate.
10:42 PM on 10/10/11
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Digging the All Get Out love.
10:50 PM on 10/10/11
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
yeah pretty much. I think someone else left too. Apparently their popularity exploded right before their 'farewell tour' (i think they picked up a lot of fans off the copeland tour), and it took Leighton by surprise, made him and the other guy decide to stick it out. Same lead vocals, now they don't have a female backup vocals, so far as I can tell. Which is a shame, because the harmonies are one of the best parts about Illuminate.
It's just Leighton and Craig (drummer) now. The original guitarist (Steve) left the band right before their farewell tour and Mindy left a while before that.
05:28 AM on 10/11/11
showyourteeth
Busy, Busy, Busy
User Info.
I was actually at this show, and I have to say that some of the Lydia fans really got on my nerves during All Get Out's set. I managed to get to the front for their set and during the quiet parts of "Let Me Go" all I could hear were people having obnoxious conversations.
09:23 AM on 10/11/11
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Any chance you remember (roughly) Lydia's set list? Or at least, about how many songs from each record they played?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on setlist.fm -

A Place Near The City
I Woke Up Near The Sea
Dragging Your Feet in the Mud
A Fine Evening For A Rogue
Stand By Me
Hospital
Stay Awake
Best Nights
Empty Out Your Stomach
December
Always Move Fast
It's In Your Blood
This is Twice Now
Encore:
Smile, You've Won
07:13 PM on 10/12/11
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Valise was ridiculously good at this show! Personally thought they were the best band there.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests