Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Ryan Adams Is Lucky Now

Posted by: Dre Okorley (10/11/11)
Watch the video for Ryan Adams' "Lucky Now" in the replies.

Submitted by WhoSaidThat?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20.
07:21 AM on 10/11/11
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
08:09 AM on 10/11/11
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Love this song; and the cd is great as well.
09:25 AM on 10/11/11
Jlee@thedisco
User Info.
does anyone live in chicago and know if you go to the cadillac palace theatre box office can you avoid the ticketmaster service fees? cause i really want to see him dec 11th but i dont want to pay 10 dollars in service charges
10:02 AM on 10/11/11
kyleYM&EWK
Kyle / YM&EWK
User Info.
flawless.
10:03 AM on 10/11/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
does anyone live in chicago and know if you go to the cadillac palace theatre box office can you avoid the ticketmaster service fees? cause i really want to see him dec 11th but i dont want to pay 10 dollars in service charges
if its anything like his other shows, then its probably already sold out, or getting there fast, so I'd worry more about just getting a ticket than some service fee.
10:23 AM on 10/11/11
Jonodeath
The Swellers / Jonathan
User Info.
Just freaked out looking for a release date, then saw it was today which means I will be off to buy it soon. So excited.
11:40 AM on 10/11/11
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
On my first listen now. "Do I Wait" is just killing me.
12:52 PM on 10/11/11
xsimplex11
Disgrace the traitor
User Info.
He is so cool
01:01 PM on 10/11/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This man is a colossal prick.
02:17 PM on 10/11/11
ÖzgürKurtoglu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This man is a colossal prick.
This post is a colossal turd.

See what I did there?

Anywho, he wasn't a prick to me when I spoke to him, or to anyone I know. Also, I haven't noticed that him being a prick has had any effect on the music, so the relevance of how he is as a person has virtually nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Which brings me to: I really like this video, despite its simplicity. I'm sure it's because I really, really like the album. And maybe because I like it when Ryan just hangs out with his guitar.

Yey, this was fun!

NOTE: I'm sorry, dude. But it had to be done.
02:45 PM on 10/11/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This post is a colossal turd.

See what I did there?

Anywho, he wasn't a prick to me when I spoke to him, or to anyone I know. Also, I haven't noticed that him being a prick has had any effect on the music, so the relevance of how he is as a person has virtually nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Which brings me to: I really like this video, despite its simplicity. I'm sure it's because I really, really like the album. And maybe because I like it when Ryan just hangs out with his guitar.

Yey, this was fun!

NOTE: I'm sorry, dude. But it had to be done.

Be that as it may, I usually don't care if musicians are assholes outside of their music - Bob Dylan is one my.favorite artists of all time. But this guy, Ryan Adams, has demonstrated in countless interviews with the media to nothing but a complete and utter self-serving prick. My comments do.not reflect him music, it has to do with him as a person. I've never seen or read a musician acting like a bigger baby than Ryan Adams. The funny thing is that he has built that persona knowing full well that people would write and ask him questions about the very image he always tries to avoid. What an idiot. It's like he's built a self-loathing existance for himself and the bitches when someone brings it up.

That's my 25cents.
02:56 PM on 10/11/11
ÖzgürKurtoglu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Be that as it may, I usually don't care if musicians are assholes outside of their music - Bob Dylan is one my.favorite artists of all time. But this guy, Ryan Adams, has demonstrated in countless interviews with the media to nothing but a complete and utter self-serving prick. My comments do.not reflect him music, it has to do with him as a person. I've never seen or read a musician acting like a bigger baby than Ryan Adams. The funny thing is that he has built that persona knowing full well that people would write and ask him questions about the very image he always tries to avoid. What an idiot. It's like he's built a self-loathing existance for himself and the bitches when someone brings it up.

That's my 25cents.
I get that your comments do not reflect his music at all, I really do. But that's also my issue here: this thread is about his music, more specifically the single "Lucky Now" and the music video for it. Your comment, when thrown out like that, is quite frankly just there to provoke people and...rather pointless, don't you think? I'd get it if this was a thread about him as a person, but since it's not...you know...just leave it alone.
03:02 PM on 10/11/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I get that your comments do not reflect his music at all, I really do. But that's also my issue here: this thread is about his music, more specifically the single "Lucky Now" and the music video for it. Your comment, when thrown out like that, is quite frankly just there to provoke people and...rather pointless, don't you think? I'd get it if this was a thread about him as a person, but since it's not...you know...just leave it alone.

I can agree with that. I said what I wanted to and I can leave it out of subsequent threads involving just his music.
04:45 PM on 10/11/11
doyouhas?
We're On Our Way Home.
User Info.

That's my 25cents.
It seems like you have a pretty skewed idea of how Ryan Adams is as a person. He's certainly had his run ins with the media, but a lot of that had to do with the incredible amount of alcohol and drugs that he consumed. He got sober in 2006 and has become a much more normal, well-adjusted, and polite person.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS