AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 37 of 37.
11:10 PM on 10/11/11
fuldanips
User Info.
3 is a decent number better than zero, one or two, or negative numbers...
as for the cover, i honestly wasn't a huge fan, but i'm a huge tonehead and that guitar tone in the video was too muddy, where the real song relies a lot on a clean thin tone...
i definitely wouldn't say it was bad musicially...they got their stuff together, but just wasn't all i hoped it would be

I'm actually the guitarist on stage right in this video (not singing). I agree with you on the cleanliness of tone. I'm quite a tonehead as well...I play through an AC30 and our singer has a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec. So basically I have a 30 watt amp trying to keep up with a 100 watt amp, and the venue didn't mic amps, just drums. So we both had to turn up quite a bit to keep up with the drums, causing that muddier tone...and it also probably has a bit to do with it recorded on an iPhone...which clips every so often.

Thanks for the feedback though man, I'll definitely take it into consideration. We always love some constructive criticism.
11:35 PM on 10/11/11
sharablue
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I loved it. YOU GUYS DO NOT DISSAPPOINT.
06:45 AM on 10/12/11
ren
on display
User Info.
I'm actually the guitarist on stage right in this video (not singing). I agree with you on the cleanliness of tone. I'm quite a tonehead as well...I play through an AC30 and our singer has a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec. So basically I have a 30 watt amp trying to keep up with a 100 watt amp, and the venue didn't mic amps, just drums. So we both had to turn up quite a bit to keep up with the drums, causing that muddier tone...and it also probably has a bit to do with it recorded on an iPhone...which clips every so often.

Thanks for the feedback though man, I'll definitely take it into consideration. We always love some constructive criticism.
Mature response FTW!
07:29 AM on 10/12/11
ren
on display
User Info.
Great song. Good cover. I am pleased.
08:28 AM on 10/12/11
benlong
When are you coming home?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

that all would explain the tone thing, is the guitar your playing one of the fender pawnshop series? how do you find it?
02:00 PM on 10/12/11
fuldanips
User Info.
that all would explain the tone thing, is the guitar your playing one of the fender pawnshop series? how do you find it?

Yessir! It's pretty easy to find, sold at most retail shops now. I have the '72. Check 'em out here. Glad to know there are other toneheads out there who dig Brand New.
12:53 PM on 10/13/11
benlong
When are you coming home?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yessir! It's pretty easy to find, sold at most retail shops now. I have the '72. Check 'em out here. Glad to know there are other toneheads out there who dig Brand New.
I was looking at buying the mustang, as i have a mustang(reissue) already and i love the feel...but instead bought a black top tele, and swapped out the pick ups for a wide range pick up and a p-90...i loves me my teles haha
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests