AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Rolling Stone Talks with blink-182 (Part 2)

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/11/11)
Part two of Rolling Stone's feature on blink-182 can now be read here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
06:44 PM on 10/11/11
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
Reading this finally made me realize that they are back; they are back for good.
06:45 PM on 10/11/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Thanks for ruining my dreams.
Quote:
People always have this idea that backstage is this amazing place to visit, but it's usually just people sitting around, bored.
It's really interesting when my friends come backstage for the first time and they're looking for this giant party and it's just a bunch of people poking around, doing their job, getting to work. It's like when people come into the studio when you're recording. They go, "Oh, I want to come see you guys record!" They think everyone is just rocking out in this 10-hour jam session. They come in and people are working the gear, setting up mics, we record a part, "How was that? You like that sound?" You work about half an hour getting a bass sound. They're like, "This is so boring." Then they leave.
06:53 PM on 10/11/11
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
as much as i dislike the new album, i am beyond stoked for the next one, hopefully they all just sit in a room and write with a deadline and a goal.
06:59 PM on 10/11/11
Crowe41
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.
User Info.
Never get tired of reading about these guys. "We all have different ideas. I bring beats to them" - I like that one Mr. Barker.
07:04 PM on 10/11/11
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
User Info.
It always makes me a little upset when Tom basically implies that Mark has no sense of innovation or experimentation. They've both evolved.
07:06 PM on 10/11/11
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Seems like that angels album that had to be finished so soon seemed to be more of a contractural obligation then Tom picking AvA over Blink. Thats good to hear. Also I loved Travis's last 2 questions.
07:15 PM on 10/11/11
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
A joy to read them talk about the band like that. Again really enjoyed Travis' answers, especially the last one.
07:16 PM on 10/11/11
Madasahatter93
User Info.
blink-182 sucks.
07:16 PM on 10/11/11
smowashere
User Info.
God, I love blink.
07:17 PM on 10/11/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
It always makes me a little upset when Tom basically implies that Mark has no sense of innovation or experimentation. They've both evolved.

especially when Mark has the most experimental Blink song ever, Fighting The Gravity lol.
07:19 PM on 10/11/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
love how honestly they answered things in this 2 part interview. prob the best interview with them I've ever seen.
07:30 PM on 10/11/11
Mitch
this is water
User Info.
Damn, that was an awesome interview. Very honest.
07:33 PM on 10/11/11
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Quote:
When we look back now, after my crash when Tom and Mark finally came to my house, about thirty seconds went by and Tom and Mark are telling dick jokes. It's like, "Look, you dickheads didn't talk to each other for six years and now everything's completely fine." You realize how petty some shit was we were all fighting over.
Best moment of any blink-182 interview ever.
07:40 PM on 10/11/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
some answers made me cringe a bit (especially the ones about blink being a "compromise") but I always love to hear what these guys have to say. more people need to interview travis!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums