Username
Password
Kanye West News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Kanye West
Inside AP.net

Kanye West At Occupy Wall Street

Posted by: Dre Okorley (10/12/11)
Head to the replies to watch a short video on Kanye West at Occupy Wall Street.

Submitted by LongDistanceDrunk

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 87.
03:01 PM on 10/12/11
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
03:07 PM on 10/12/11
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
...he is the 1%
03:09 PM on 10/12/11
McIrish
Liver Alone
User Info.
Those protesters are so retard that they are supporting two of the biggest businesses in entertainment Simmons and West. News Flash: Those two are "The Man".
03:12 PM on 10/12/11
_veges_
User Info.
....so he wants his bush tax cuts revoked?
03:17 PM on 10/12/11
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
what a boner
03:19 PM on 10/12/11
keep swinging
Lousy Poet
User Info.
he can't speak for himself? he's a grown ass man
03:20 PM on 10/12/11
phaserstostun
User Info.
I don't know enough about Simmon's views to comment on him but I think criticizing Kanye for being the "1%" or how much his clothes cost while being there is a bit uninformed. Just because he makes a lot of money doesn't mean he can't support a cause just because he's not in their income bracket. Regardless of the money he has, he has continued to speak for the poor and underprivileged in his music. Not to say that he couldn't give more to the people or spend less or brag less about what he has or whatever argument you want to bring up, but he's one of the last people I would say is repressing the 99%. I realize I'll catch heat for this.
03:21 PM on 10/12/11
EvoHawk
_______
User Info.
haha, having someone else speak for him was probably a good call on his part.
03:22 PM on 10/12/11
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
Always up for some Kanye but the dude is the 1%, I'm sure he sides with the supporters but rocking up posing like a teflon don isn't helping

can only think it gives the protesters more media coverage which i suppose isn't bad
03:25 PM on 10/12/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I don't know enough about Simmon's views to comment on him but I think criticizing Kanye for being the "1%" or how much his clothes cost while being there is a bit uninformed. Just because he makes a lot of money doesn't mean he can't support a cause just because he's not in their income bracket. Regardless of the money he has, he has continued to speak for the poor and underprivileged in his music. Not to say that he couldn't give more to the people or spend less or brag less about what he has or whatever argument you want to bring up, but he's one of the last people I would say is repressing the 99%. I realize I'll catch heat for this.

Actually what you said is probably going to turn out to be more intelligent and thoughtful than what a lot of comments on this will be.
03:29 PM on 10/12/11
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.

I agree with you, man.
03:36 PM on 10/12/11
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
You just summed up what I wanted to say in better, less provocative words.
03:39 PM on 10/12/11
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
I agree 100% with you on this. I've heard a ton of people giving him shit because he showed up. Everyone was stoked that Radiohead was going to show up, though?
03:41 PM on 10/12/11
ProudlyLastPlac
We Who Shall Inherit The Earth
User Info.
Well said.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News