Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Paper Melody Download

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (10/18/11)
Today's exclusive is a download from California's The Paper Melody, a three-piece pop-rock group that sort of sounds like if Paramore and The Receiving End of Sirens got together to play early Panic! At the Disco songs. You can head to the replies to check out the music video for "The Nightmare Academy" first, then go ahead and download it for free. The band will be heading out on the #MEBtour soon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 77
11:05 AM on 10/18/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
11:10 AM on 10/18/11
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
They good.
11:12 AM on 10/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I haven't listened yet but I saw on the front page "sort of sound like paramore" and I knew they had a female vocalist. So predictable.
11:14 AM on 10/18/11
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I haven't listened yet but I saw on the front page "sort of sound like paramore" and I knew they had a female vocalist. So predictable.
Really, they sound more like old VersaEmerge, but that band is such a joke these days.
11:15 AM on 10/18/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Really, they sound more like old VersaEmerge, but that band is such a joke these days.

I blame Jenks.
11:16 AM on 10/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

They could sound like Metallica but if they have a chick singer people on this site will say they sound like Paramore. Its annoying.

And hey Jack
11:25 AM on 10/18/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
Should have replaced Paramore with VersaEmerge, the Perceptions EP sounds like TREoS
11:26 AM on 10/18/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
go on...

hahahahaha
11:31 AM on 10/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Just listened and I agree with the early Panic sound but they sound nothing like Paramore.

I like it though.
11:32 AM on 10/18/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
Just listened and I agree with the early Panic sound but they sound nothing like Paramore.
Like you said, everyone always mentions Paramore when mentioning a female lead singer, which is just plain retarded. Jack was right when he said they sound more like (old) VE:

and listen pls. -.-

EDIT: i'm bored in class right now

p.s Qadriyahh, do you still use AIM? haha
11:40 AM on 10/18/11
glowbox
the fly on your wall
User Info.
everyone need to stop labeling every band with female vocalist as "the next paramore" or something like it.
anyway, these guys really need to get more exposure.
11:40 AM on 10/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Like you said, everyone always mentions Paramore when mentioning a female lead singer, which is just plain retarded. Jack was right when he said they sound more like (old) VE:

and listen pls. -.-

EDIT: i'm bored in class right now

p.s Qadriyahh, do you still use AIM? haha

Wow Lara I never heard that song before but I really feeling liked it. And yes this band could be compared to that. And I haven't used aim in months. I actually can't remember the last time lol
11:42 AM on 10/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
everyone need to stop labeling every band with female vocalist as "the next paramore" or something like it.
anyway, these guys really need to get more exposure.

And I find it a little sexist too. How many male fronted bands sounds just alike but when you go in their their threads they aren't getting called the next someone.
11:51 AM on 10/18/11
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And I find it a little sexist too. How many male fronted bands sounds just alike but when you go in their their threads they aren't getting called the next someone.
Eh, disagree with that. In basically every review I do for MEB, I compare the vocalist (male or female) to SOMEONE. More often than not, the post-hardcore stuff gets the wannabe Anthony Green label.

The sample size is much smaller with female singers. All you can really compare someone to that's AP.net relevant is Sierra Kusterbeck, Hayley Williams, and Cassadee Pope.

So it's not sexist; it's an issue of the miniscule number of female fronted bands.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests