Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

The Bouncing Souls Will Be Home For The Holidays

Posted by: Dre Okorley (10/20/11)
The Bouncing Souls will be doing their annual Home For The Holidays shows from 12/27-12/30 in Asbury Park, NJ. You can get early bird tickets here.

Submitted by fite0ffurdemons

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
06:28 AM on 10/20/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Special Guests are announced Dec 1st! Can't wait!!!
06:47 AM on 10/20/11
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Are these full album shows again?

Did anyone else go last year?
07:25 AM on 10/20/11
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Are these full album shows again?

Did anyone else go last year?
Yes to both
07:47 AM on 10/20/11
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Did you go to the final night where they did Gold and Ghosts?

I'm trying to find the setlist, I don't think they did 100% of either record.. right?
08:14 AM on 10/20/11
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
I went to night 3 with Vacation and Anchors...out of those two albums, they left out 3 songs. I heard that they didn't play "Like the Sun" off Ghosts, but they did play all of Gold.

Seeing them tonight actually (with Anti-Flag), this'll be my 22nd time...their shows NEVER get old!!
10:10 AM on 10/20/11
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
wow, i cant believe how fast a year passes.....i feel like it was just yesterday when i was making plans for this.
10:12 AM on 10/20/11
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I went to night 3 with Vacation and Anchors...out of those two albums, they left out 3 songs. I heard that they didn't play "Like the Sun" off Ghosts, but they did play all of Gold.

Seeing them tonight actually (with Anti-Flag), this'll be my 22nd time...their shows NEVER get old!!
Did they play No Comply off of Vacation when you saw this? I want to hear that song live really bad.
10:25 AM on 10/20/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.

Happy to see somebody else keeps track of their Souls' shows! Haha. Seeing them live never gets old...I'll be going on 41 come next Friday! (That is, if you count festival appearances and opening slots; if not, then it's somewhere around 30 or so.)
10:45 AM on 10/20/11
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Did they play No Comply off of Vacation when you saw this? I want to hear that song live really bad.
I've seen them play No Comply so much when Vacation first came out, but to answer your question I remember they played that entire album and didn't miss a beat.
10:46 AM on 10/20/11
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Happy to see somebody else keeps track of their Souls' shows! Haha. Seeing them live never gets old...I'll be going on 41 come next Friday! (That is, if you count festival appearances and opening slots; if not, then it's somewhere around 30 or so.)
Yeah man, I've seen them play with just about everyone. I've even seen them open for The Used hahaha!
11:12 AM on 10/20/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Yeah man, I've seen them play with just about everyone. I've even seen them open for The Used hahaha!

That's fuckin' weird haha. When did that go down? My favorite line-up for any Souls show ever is still a CMJ Showcase back in 2004. They played with Dillinger Four, Avail, Strike Anywhere, None More Black, and the Soviettes. Shit was awesome.
11:20 AM on 10/20/11
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
That's fuckin' weird haha. When did that go down? My favorite line-up for any Souls show ever is still a CMJ Showcase back in 2004. They played with Dillinger Four, Avail, Strike Anywhere, None More Black, and the Soviettes. Shit was awesome.
That just fucking sounds mouth-watering haha...
The Used show was (of course) a college show back in '03, right before Anchors Aweigh was released. It was (in order) Thrice, Story of the Year, My Chemical Romance, The Bouncing Souls, and The Used. I spent the entire time talking to Bryan, Pete, and Kate at their merch booth while The Used were playing. It was at a baseball field and was hosted by Dr. Dre & Ed Lover from YO MTV Raps...I can't make that shit up lol.
11:42 AM on 10/20/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I don't think these are full album shows again...But I really want to make it one year at least. My favorite band and I've seen them so few times! It's been over a year since the last one!
11:49 AM on 10/20/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
That just fucking sounds mouth-watering haha...
The Used show was (of course) a college show back in '03, right before Anchors Aweigh was released. It was (in order) Thrice, Story of the Year, My Chemical Romance, The Bouncing Souls, and The Used. I spent the entire time talking to Bryan, Pete, and Kate at their merch booth while The Used were playing. It was at a baseball field and was hosted by Dr. Dre & Ed Lover from YO MTV Raps...I can't make that shit up lol.

That is beyond odd, haha. But whatever works. They actually played a radio show up in Boston around that time too. It was a free, outdoor gig and they opened for Fountains of Wayne. Of course, the radio station didn't announce they were playing until the day of and I was at school in CT at the time so I missed it. But yeah--that sounds like a trip! Haha.

I was fortunate enough to be able to book them at my college in '05. Which was awesome, hah. I put together a bill with the Bouncing Souls, the Explosion, and the Loved Ones...It was insane that I was able to take my school's money and bring bands to campus that I wanted to see.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests