|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
(questions answered by vocalist Brendan Murphy)
1. How did you get your band name?
We got our band name from the Alexisonfire song "Counterparts and Number Them." Their self-titled album is one of our favorite CDs. We were looking for a name, saw Counterparts, and went with it. This was before it was cool to have a one-word, plural band name.
2. How did this band get started?
This band started in 2007. We met each other at local shows, high school, and from playing music together. We started jamming in Jesse's basement. We were awful, but we kept at it and now 3 or 4 people give a shit about us.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We're influenced by so many bands, it's hard to make a definite list. But our biggest influences would probably be: Saints Never Surrender, Shai Hulud, A Textbook Tragedy, Converge, It Prevails, and A Sight For Sewn Eyes.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Any of the bands we JUST listed, Stray From The Path, Volumes, Betrayal.... too many to name, really. Basically, we just want to tour with our friends and people we can get along with!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
TACO BELL, Free Chipotle, Wal-Mart's General Tao Chicken, Chick-Fil-A, Buffalo Wild Wings (on Thursdays), Ci-Ci's, and when people bring us baked goods.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I'm not really sure. I don't really think we stand out. If people like us, that's cool. If they don't, we aren't really worried. We only make music to please ourselves. We're 5 young dudes who are pissed off, like Saints Never Surrender, but know when to be optimistic in life.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'm going to keep quiet. If I speak up, I could lose my job.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We got to spend a day off at Wet N Wild Waterpark in Orlando, FL. We got to go with our buddies in Volumes on their CD release tour. Best day of my life. If I wasn't surrounded by 11 other guys, I'd cry.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
"Jokes, pics you normally wouldn't post"
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Personally, my favorite song is “John Locke.”
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
WET N WILD.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Flying. It's pretty self-explanatory.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Everyone but me smokes a lot of cigarettes. I usually find a place to cry.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I pick my nose… a lot.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I haven't listened to the radio in years! I don't think we'll ever be played heavily on the radio. But, hey, it happened to The Wonders.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I watch The Simpsons, hang with my dog (Kaido) and my girlfriend (Aleks), and I make hot dogs with my best friend (Kenny). Everyone else does the same shit, but the names/shows/foods are changed.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm very good at impressions. VERY good. I wish more people would ask me to do them.
03:36 PM on 10/20/11
That was a great interview, haha.
03:48 PM on 10/20/11
so i herd u liek roton7??
He misspelled "psot" lolol
More From This Author