Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (10/21/11)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (10/21/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
07:53 AM on 10/21/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Viva Sonata for putting this together:

Games Round-UpWelcome to another roundup. Always glad to be of service - sorry for the wait!

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

LOCALIZATION
This week, two major and contradicting news stories were revealed regarding localizing of videos games for other regions. Namco Bandai announced that it would publish the Studio Ghibli and Level-5 designed RPG, Ni No Kuni: THe Wrath of the White Witch, to both Europe and America as well as Japan in 2012.

In contrast, Sega also made the announcement that its PSP tactical RPG, Valkyria Chronicles 3, woul not make the trip west at all. The blame was set on the PSP's lack of popularity and low sales, despite its North American critical acclaim of the first two releases.

What are some games that you wish were brought to America over from Japan?

THIS WEEK IN GAMING

- Fallout mastermind Tim Cain has joined Obsidian Entertainment to work a new game titled Avengers Assemble.

- Mass Effect 3 has confirmed its long-rumored multiplayer mode, and can/will affect the main story. But it also will be integrated into an online pass system.

- More Skyrim goodies to boot. If you're chomping at the bit, you can spoil yourself a bit, because reddit leaked images of the game manual. Little fun fact for you as well; a beta tester for Skyrim has done a speed run of just under two hours.

- Are you lonely and misogynistic? Then chances are you've played the Leisure Suit Larry. There's gonna be more. yay.

- The one racing game you see in every movie theatre arcade, Daytona USA, [url=http://www.sega.co.uk/games/?t=EnglishUK&g=7400&v=4101[url] onto XBLA by SEGA.

- Sony Network's top notch defense has let about 93,000 accounts be compromised by hackers. And to think they would learn from their mistakes.

- The PS Move has been doing really well financially, selling more than eight million units since its release.

-TwistedPixel, the company behind such games as 'Splosion Man and The Gunstringer, has been bought by Microsoft.

- Sonic: Generations, the upcoming game in the franchise, has been confirmed for the PC by SEGA.

- Square Enix took this week to demonstrate a brand new, next-gen graphics engine. You know, because their visuals aren't dope enough already.

Source: Major Nelson, gamespot, the escapist, sega uk, reddit, playstation us, vg 24/7, pikmal, joystiq, sega us
09:25 AM on 10/21/11
atrio
It's always on my troubled mind.
User Info.
blizzcon this weekend. curious to see what they unveil!
09:34 AM on 10/21/11
S7ranburgLar
We're not for them(and that's cool)
User Info.
didn't nintendo call a conference for the 21st? wonder what that is..
12:34 PM on 10/21/11
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
Suprised theres no mentioned of the new xbox rumored to be released in2013.
12:38 PM on 10/21/11
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
If you haven't seen the Uncharted 3 launch trailer yet... you're doing yourself a HUGE disservice!
12:39 PM on 10/21/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I don't get how sony keeps getting hacked. Theyve got enough money to hire the best encrypters. Figure it out already jeez

I think because it's not news from the last few weeks. There have been rumors for a while now if I'm not mistaken
12:47 PM on 10/21/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
I am the only person doing this, and as such, I do admit to faulting and missing an important news piece or two. I'm sorry if there was any new information regarding the XBOX 720 that I didn't post.
12:49 PM on 10/21/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
HTML slip, just to let you know.
01:02 PM on 10/21/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Most definitely excited for Ni No Kuni: THe Wrath of the White Witch.
03:17 PM on 10/21/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
HTML slip, just to let you know.
I don't honestly care at this point. This is late enough as it is and people are going to be seeing a new one on Saturday.

maybe.
04:31 PM on 10/21/11
Spencer Control
User Info.
I don't honestly care at this point. This is late enough as it is and people are going to be seeing a new one on Saturday.

maybe.
Haha, I figured you probably had seen it already, but put it out there in case you did care. Thanks a lot for doing all this research though, dude.
08:31 PM on 10/21/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Haha, I figured you probably had seen it already, but put it out there in case you did care. Thanks a lot for doing all this research though, dude.
People still read this. So I'll keep doing it. <3
08:59 PM on 10/21/11
Spencer Control
User Info.
People still read this. So I'll keep doing it. <3
Good choice. I'm not really a hardcore gamer, but I'm a research fanatic who likes to keep up on things, and this is ideal: although I don't play many, video games interest me immensely.
12:34 PM on 10/22/11
Chris Immunity
Immunity Clothing
User Info.
- Fallout mastermind Tim Cain has joined Obsidian Entertainment to work a new game titled Avengers Assemble.

This excites me to no end.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums