Password

Album Review

Looking For Alaska - There Is Hope Album Cover

Looking For Alaska - There Is Hope

Reviewed by
Looking For Alaska - There Is Hope
Record Label: Smith Seven
Release Date: October 22, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Sean Rizzo. You can see all of Sean Rizzo's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
08:52 PM on 10/22/11
DJWildefire
On the verge of breathtaking
User Info.
I hear Minus the Bear in parts.
09:05 PM on 10/23/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Nice review - agree with it. Record is definitely worth checking out, everyone
10:34 PM on 10/23/11
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
Thanks for the review man! Anyone who is interested, you can buy the album here- http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the...pe/id472525499
01:53 AM on 10/24/11
Burn_Burn_Burn
Zeus to a Kronos
User Info.
Thanks for the review man! Anyone who is interested, you can buy the album here- http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the...pe/id472525499
Did you get your name from the book by John Green?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0142402516/absolutepunk-20/ r=8-1
05:06 AM on 10/24/11
Calvin Lauber
User Info.

Yes we did, the book inspired the name, we love John Green!
06:45 AM on 10/24/11
xJesusFreakx
wow you're awesome
User Info.
Not gonna lie, the fact that I clicked the Bandcamp link and ended up on a song called "Love Wins" is kinda hurting the band for me. Dang Rob Bell (or at least that's what I'm assuming it's referencing; I'll be relieved if I find that isn't the case).
07:25 AM on 10/24/11
JulieLauber
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Incredible album.
07:37 AM on 10/24/11
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
Not gonna lie, the fact that I clicked the Bandcamp link and ended up on a song called "Love Wins" is kinda hurting the band for me. Dang Rob Bell (or at least that's what I'm assuming it's referencing; I'll be relieved if I find that isn't the case).
The song isn't about that, but the name of it is from the book. Our singer likes Rob Bell. I know it's a controversial book but I haven't read it, so I don't really have any opinion on it, haha.
07:47 AM on 10/24/11
xJesusFreakx
wow you're awesome
User Info.
The song isn't about that, but the name of it is from the book. Our singer likes Rob Bell. I know it's a controversial book but I haven't read it, so I don't really have any opinion on it, haha.
Ha, fair enough. I'm actually teaching a Sunday School series on Francis Chan's reaction book, Erasing Hell, so needless to say, I'm not a fan. To be fair, he does make good points, and his style has its strengths, but some of his points in that book are historically shaky, and I'm not crazy about his attitude in interviews about the book.

If it's consolation, I did listen to the song, and it's not bad, though not something I could see myself getting into.

Also, my friend would love your name because he loved John Green and even created an interaction puzzle story thing with him called This Is Not Tom (which fell apart at the very end because my friend stopped caring about it).
08:57 AM on 10/24/11
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
Ha, fair enough. I'm actually teaching a Sunday School series on Francis Chan's reaction book, Erasing Hell, so needless to say, I'm not a fan. To be fair, he does make good points, and his style has its strengths, but some of his points in that book are historically shaky, and I'm not crazy about his attitude in interviews about the book.

If it's consolation, I did listen to the song, and it's not bad, though not something I could see myself getting into.

Also, my friend would love your name because he loved John Green and even created an interaction puzzle story thing with him called This Is Not Tom (which fell apart at the very end because my friend stopped caring about it).
Haha yeah, I've heard of that book as well. I certainly see where you are coming from, so I understand.
Haha im glad you somewhat enjoyed the song though! That's awesome that you're friend is into him that much, you should send us his way! haha
02:16 PM on 10/24/11
Rustash
User Info.

Whoa, wait, your friend was the guy who made the puzzles for TINT?! That's awesome! I wish they'd finished it though...
01:37 PM on 10/25/11
xJesusFreakx
wow you're awesome
User Info.
Whoa, wait, your friend was the guy who made the puzzles for TINT?! That's awesome! I wish they'd finished it though...
Yeah, the website actually started as a joke between him, a mutual friend named Tom, and I while we were eating Wendy's (that last detail isn't important; I just like Wendy's). We were joking about him hypothetically making websites ending in ".tom" instead of ".com," all of them parodies of real websites.

Somehow that evolved into "thisisnottom.com," which was initially just that first picture without the sentence underneath. It was a useless site for a pointless joke. He then decided to make it a puzzle website. Somehow he got John Green's attention, and they started telling a story through the puzzles.

Before this happened, my friend loved John Green, so I have no idea why he gave up in the final stretch. Just stopped caring, I guess. He's a philosophy major now, so your guess is as good as mine, lol.
11:54 AM on 10/29/11
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.

This is what I came to ask... Cool.
07:37 PM on 08/07/12
Byroner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is not my swan song or adieu, so beware. Nike Denver Broncos Jersey

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News