AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Frame the Shot - 06.26.07

Interviewed by
Frame the Shot - 06.26.07Frame the Shot is lead by a 16 year old girl named LT and you can check out her music's myspace here.

What is your name and what do you do you play?

My name is LT and I play acoustic guitar and handle the vocals

Describe your music for those who aren’t familiar with you?
If you're looking for a comparison, a few times my vocals have been compared to Jenny Lewis [Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins] but it's just basically really chill acoustic music with lower octave vocals.

How did you start playing music?
I got a guitar for Christmas one year and I had no idea what to do with it, so a friend of the family gave me a few lessons. He was a total influence; He was so into guitar and so into playing in front of people. I decided at that moment that I wanted to be able to do that. It's such a rush

How many songs do you have? Are you putting out a CD in the near future?
Lyrically, I have so many songs. I think it's up to 60 or 70. Yes, a CD is coming out in the future. I'm joining up with another guitar player in my area so the guitar on the CD is really good, but recording should start in the beginning of July.

Your only 16 years old, how do you juggle school and writing/playing music?
It can be really really strenuous. My parents are a little on the strict side when it comes to school so if my grades aren't good, I can't play in the shows. I have to have really good time management, especially when I have a job too. I try though.

How many shows have you played so far?
I've lost count. 10+ I think I've got some more shows lined up during the year.

Describe the first show you’ve ever played?
The first actual show I played (not a school function or anything related to school) I was a mess, because it was also the first show where I was in charge. I booked the venue with the help from a friend, and someone lent their PA, but I got all the bands together and all that good stuff.

Which of your own songs is your favorite?
Right now, I think it'd be this song I wrote about a year ago. It's titled "Have You Lost Hope." It's on my myspace.

What are some of your influences (music, books, movies, etc…)?
Musically it's so diverse. Brand New, Elliott Smith, Stevie Wonder, Nat King Cole, Michael Jackson, and Kanye West. I love to read, but the best book I've ever read which is a big influence for a song I've got was actually a book recommendation from Dan in the band Sherwood. It's the book Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I think they're making it into a movie, that's exciting. With movies, basically all the movies that make you think way too much.

What are some of your hobbies other than music?
I surf and hang out and work at the beach. I also play Ultimate Frisbee.

What was the first concert you’ve ever been to?
Warped Tour, definitely. I haven't stopped going since, I love it.

What are some of your favorite songs/albums?
There are some really really good albums out right now. Two of my favorites today are Dog Problems [The Format] and Like a Virgin Losing a Child [Manchester Orchestra]. Both albums are put together extremely well in my opinion. Also Santi [The Academy Is...]. That's a really fun record; it shows how they've matured.

Who would you like to tour with?
Everyone and Anyone. I think the best tour to be on would consist of the Manchester Orchestra/Brand New/Kevin Devine team. Also Saves the Day, Say Anything, and The Format.

What are some goals you wish to achieve?
I would really love to get to the point of having a strong fan base. I also want to tour a lot. If I had my way I'd be touring every single day. I guess both of these goals would come along with getting signed. After I'm done recording I'm going to send out some press packages and see where that gets me.

What are some bands you are listening to right now?
I've been listening to a lot of stuff, because I've been writing a lot. Joanna Newsom is so ridicules, so I've been listening to her. Dave Melillo is playing in my iTunes right now. The list also consists of; Interpol, Manchester Orchestra, Kevin Devine, The Color Revolt, Ray Charles, Smashing Pumpkins, Sigur Ros, Bowie. Everything, really.

Why did you want to be known as "Frame the Shot" instead of just your name?
I can't even really tell you the reason. Now it's because there's someone else in the band, so using my name only wouldn't work. Before, I guess it was just the 'project name.'

Would you like to add a backing band sometime in the future?
I don't think it'd be a "backing band," just more people added to make a full band. Either way, yes. I'd love a big band.

Anything else you want to add?
I haven't done this alone, I have the single-handedly most amazing people backing me up and encouraging me every day. Also I'd like to share a word of wisdom someone I truly admire gave me a few days ago: Make music for you and what inspires you, never write songs for someone to approve. Only write them for you so that you can go to sleep each night knowing that you did everything you could to make the most pure and true music possible.

Thanks for answering my questions!
Thanks for asking them!

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
07:07 PM on 07/05/07
jantelis
Jantelis.com
User Info.
Cool hmm.. ive lost count like 10 shows! keep rocking lady you got a long road ahead of you

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos