AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Cab Interview

Posted by - 03:29 PM on 07/02/07
I'll be interviewing the recent Decaydance signees The Cab shortly. If you have any questions, leave them in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 90
03:34 PM on 07/02/07
bailmeout13
It could be a bowling site.
User Info.
How has the band's relationship with Panic! At the Disco, helped the band move forward into their new deal and other success?
03:36 PM on 07/02/07
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
Any talks about hitting the road with fellow Crush MM bands?
03:53 PM on 07/02/07
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
how does it feel to rip off the higher?
how does it feel to have pete wentz turn you into a gimmick before you have a proper nationwide release?
04:04 PM on 07/02/07
Bury Your Head
it aint easy being brown
User Info.
how does it feel to rip off the higher?
how does it feel to have pete wentz turn you into a gimmick before you have a proper nationwide release?

Haha stole the words right out of my damn mouth!
Kuddos sir
04:11 PM on 07/02/07
SophmoreSyd
Taste the happy, Michael.
User Info.
what exactly is the show going to be about?
04:12 PM on 07/02/07
summeroflike
User Info.
What's going on with this reality show Wentz is supposedly producing?

What's up with the member change? Are you guys happy with Ian?
04:13 PM on 07/02/07
thetripwirescor
User Info.
why do you feel it necessary to just add to the countless, talentless bands that all sound alike by writing bland, shitty music?
04:20 PM on 07/02/07
turbo>thanlaser
I'm comfortable under your skin.
User Info.
why do you feel it necessary to just add to the countless, talentless bands that all sound alike by writing bland, shitty music?

my guess would be so that people as ostentatious as yourself continue to expose yourselves as the dbags you really are?
04:21 PM on 07/02/07
cannibalgirl
User Info.
you're cool. give them a fucking break.

how about rephrasing that to ask what it is that indeed separates them, if anything, from the countless other pop rock acts?

and i dont care what anyone says...ill run and take my hand are catchy as hell and good songs.
04:55 PM on 07/02/07
jd195527
the wittiest of cucumbers
User Info.
Though we've yet to see your debut, there are already critics (many of them quite vocal on this very website) who are ready to accuse you of sounding just like other bands. They question your originality. What makes you stand out? How do you plan to distinguish yourselves from bands with a similar sound? What is unique to The Cab's sound that you hope to bring across in your debut?

(This is a bit of a summing up of what others are saying on here, btw. I don't mean to steal anybody's question idea, this is just what I want to ask, too.)
04:57 PM on 07/02/07
jd195527
User Info.
How do you plan to time your big "coming out" with label backing? You have the money and influence of Decaydance behind you now - are you going to run with that, or take it slow? What's your forecast for the pace of the next year or so?
04:59 PM on 07/02/07
jd195527
User Info.
"I'll Run" is catchy as hell - is it a good indication of what's to come? How representative is it of the sound you're going for on the album?
05:03 PM on 07/02/07
jd195527
User Info.
A lot of the attention that The Cab is getting has to do with your relationship to your labelmates Panic! at the Disco, and of course to label head Pete Wentz. The Decaydance family has achieved a lot of success recently, but also taken a lot of criticism. Is there anything you want to do differently from the bands you're being associated with? Anything current Decaydance bands are doing that you plan to avoid?
05:18 PM on 07/02/07
petrie182
Producer/Writer
User Info.
What exactly was Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance looking for in a band when they signed you, and what should we expect from The Cab in the near future?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos