Username
Password
Hit the Lights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hit the Lights
Inside AP.net

Hit the Lights Issue Tour Statement

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/30/11)
Hit the Lights have issued a statement about The Dangerous Summer dropping off the upcoming tour. This goes into a little more detail than what Nick originally posted.
Message from the BandWe just got word that the Dangerous Summer will be dropping off our tour due to "reasons beyond their control". Apparently there was an inner band dispute in Chicago resulting in one of the members of TDS being kicked out of the band (or so we're told). The band went home to regroup and as of last night, had offered to do the tour acoustically.

We were stoked that TDS were going to find a way to do the tour, and we offered various ways to help them continue the tour (AJ playing acoustic and riding with HTL, having some members of HTL fill in for TDS etc). We would still like to publicly offer AJ to come out and play acoustic TDS songs on the tour. You should email him and let him know that you’d like that too: andrew.perdomo@gmail.com

Don't worry, the tour is still happening and is going to be really special, and we look forward to seeing all of you out there!

Stay tuned for an update....

PS, Cody is selling the Dangerous Summer’s tour van and trailer. The very least we could do is help them get it off their hands.... http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2673598778.html

-HTL

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 243.
03:20 PM on 10/30/11
quizonmyface
Asian girls love them some Jews
User Info.
Bet this is all Cody's fault.
03:21 PM on 10/30/11
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
User Info.
oh, i thought it was new news, this was posted hours ago.
03:22 PM on 10/30/11
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
drama sucks
03:27 PM on 10/30/11
Corgkowznor
Registered Member
User Info.
why does TDS always have so much drama
03:30 PM on 10/30/11
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
Would be nice if AJ stayed on and did it acoustically.
03:30 PM on 10/30/11
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
User Info.
because their stuck in high school. they need to grow up and get their shit together. they also need to drop their ego's. i met them a month ago when they were on tour with icallfives and aj especially seemed cocky and smug. dood, your band is boring live and half the crowd walked out on them cause their set was SO long.
03:31 PM on 10/30/11
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
From everything I've seen written about this situation so far, Hit the Lights doesn't seem to mind fueling the fire
03:32 PM on 10/30/11
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
I hope this means HTL plays a longer set
03:32 PM on 10/30/11
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
From everything I've seen written about this situation so far, Hit the Lights doesn't seem to mind fueling the fire
What?
03:33 PM on 10/30/11
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
because their stuck in high school. they need to grow up and get their shit together. they also need to drop their ego's. i met them a month ago when they were on tour with icallfives and aj especially seemed cocky and smug. dood, your band is boring live and half the crowd walked out on them cause their set was SO long.
If you're walking out on a band because their set is too long, you've got a problem.
03:35 PM on 10/30/11
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
User Info.
If you're walking out on a band because their set is too long, you've got a problem.
i wasn't watching them, i was outside with friends, i walked in 40 mins later into their set and i kid you not, 3/4 of their crowd was gone, they played 14 songs on that tour and all their songs are 4 mins so yeah, they are a band to fall asleep to, not to rock out live to.
03:38 PM on 10/30/11
Mr.Kilgannon
Illuminate
User Info.
That's funny, nobody walked out when I saw them on that tour in Lansing. I met both Cody and AJ, and both were extremely friendly and appreciative. AJ was literally waiting at the exit of the venue to talk to everyone that came out.
03:41 PM on 10/30/11
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
i wasn't watching them, i was outside with friends, i walked in 40 mins later into their set and i kid you not, 3/4 of their crowd was gone, they played 14 songs on that tour and all their songs are 4 mins so yeah, they are a band to fall asleep to, not to rock out live to.
I am not even a fan of TDS, but I do find it hilarious to suggest that 14 songs is "too long" for a band's set. That's like exactly an hour, which is far from abnormally long.

I saw them live when they opened for someone else (don't remember who) and they were good enough to hold my interest, even as someone who hadn't heard them prior.
03:41 PM on 10/30/11
cwhit412
User Info.
Bet this is all Cody's fault.

Hope this resolves in him leaving the band/getting kicked.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests