BottleRocket
Roll Tide Roll
User Info.
totally worth it
10:33 PM on 10/31/11
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
He's evidently made some bank off of this. It says he's made over 1,000 songs for people and they cost $150 each.
10:35 PM on 10/31/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Going to go play the Bemis' AP.net song in honor. And then The Swellers version because they're just awesome.
10:37 PM on 10/31/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
He's evidently made some bank off of this. It says he's made over 1,000 songs for people and they cost $150 each.
that is insane. and what if you don't like the song? 1000 songs, there's gonna be a couple total clunkers in there, it's nature.
10:42 PM on 10/31/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
that is insane. and what if you don't like the song? 1000 songs, there's gonna be a couple total clunkers in there, it's nature.
I've never seen someone complain, and I would assume our forum would have some loud complainers if this were the case ...

I loved this answer though:

I’ve literally never heard of this kind of thing before! Is is this @#$ for real?

Ever since that one dude in a screamo band started selling fake computers to his fans over twitter (and literally ONLY after that happened), I’ve had a couple of misinformed people imply to me that Song Shop is a similar endeavor. Firstly, if you’re into my band, you can probably guess I’m not a big fan of thievery or corruption, not to mention that Song Shop has been running for three years and functioning legally and legitimately through a reliable company (MerchDirect and PayPal) and isn’t some weird bootleg operation.

Check out our testimonials section or do a YouTube search for all the kids who have and love their songs and you’ll see that both MerchDirect and me personally have painstakingly spent hours and hours making sure everyone gets serviced and we would never take advantage of that. Just the thought of someone feeling jipped gives me massive anxiety. When I open Song Shop, there is a special lump in my belly that basically just sits there until they’re all done. The fact that in some cases it may take a while for you to get your song doesn’t mean I’m a pirated MacBook selling scam artist either (see next question). I can’t express how much I value each one of those who give me the honor of writing a song for them.
10:46 PM on 10/31/11
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
One day, I'd like to do this. It probably won't be until years from now, but it would be awesome.
10:47 PM on 10/31/11
greenteaallday
Registered Member
User Info.
Holy shit
10:50 PM on 10/31/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Good for him. Although, it's between 75 and 150. And that's since, what ... 2008? Assuming the shop's been open 4 times -- that's around $37,500 a pop if everyone did the full song (doubt it). Not bad at all for a a few months of work. Love that it's doing well. Innovative money making ideas in the music industry always intrigue me.
10:52 PM on 10/31/11
anamericangod
User Info.
I've purchased two songs from Bemis. I have no regrets whatsoever and the people who are going to put down the money for this are hardcore fans that are more than likely going to be very difficult to disappoint.

Bemis uses his talent to use a new business model in an industry that fails in so many ways, and the fans get something unique. Everyone wins.
10:53 PM on 10/31/11
Thug_Nasty
www.GridPins.com
User Info.
Fuck off Max Bemis.
10:54 PM on 10/31/11
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
Good for him. Although, it's between 75 and 150. And that's since, what ... 2008? Assuming the shop's been open 4 times -- that's around $37,500 a pop if everyone did the full song (doubt it). Not bad at all for a a few months of work. Love that it's doing well. Innovative money making ideas in the music industry always intrigue me.
Is there any place to hear some of these songs?
10:55 PM on 10/31/11
abbiexattack
User Info.
Just bought mine. I've been waiting so long for this and I couldn't be happier right now.
11:01 PM on 10/31/11
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I've never seen someone complain, and I would assume our forum would have some loud complainers if this were the case ...

I loved this answer though:

Iíve literally never heard of this kind of thing before! Is is this @#$ for real?

Ever since that one dude in a screamo band started selling fake computers to his fans over twitter (and literally ONLY after that happened), Iíve had a couple of misinformed people imply to me that Song Shop is a similar endeavor. Firstly, if youíre into my band, you can probably guess Iím not a big fan of thievery or corruption, not to mention that Song Shop has been running for three years and functioning legally and legitimately through a reliable company (MerchDirect and PayPal) and isnít some weird bootleg operation.

Check out our testimonials section or do a YouTube search for all the kids who have and love their songs and youíll see that both MerchDirect and me personally have painstakingly spent hours and hours making sure everyone gets serviced and we would never take advantage of that. Just the thought of someone feeling jipped gives me massive anxiety. When I open Song Shop, there is a special lump in my belly that basically just sits there until theyíre all done. The fact that in some cases it may take a while for you to get your song doesnít mean Iím a pirated MacBook selling scam artist either (see next question). I canít express how much I value each one of those who give me the honor of writing a song for them.

A girl I know was highly disappointed with hers, but I never heard the offending piece, so I can't validate her feelings. Just throwing that out there. (Conversely, I've heard numerous songs from the original shop batch that were pretty neat.)
11:04 PM on 10/31/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Is there any place to hear some of these songs?
I think there are some on youtube. I haven't looked in a while though, to be honest. I've been wanting to release the AP.net song ... maybe it's been long enough Max will let me. Haha.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums