Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (11/01/11)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (11/01/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
10:14 AM on 11/01/11
Linda Ferreira
retired maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Viva Sonata for putting this together:

Games Round-UpHappy Halloween. I'm typing this in a dress :DIt isn't the weekend if we don't have the video game round up kind of late! OK, well... it is, technically, but roundup time anyway WOOYEAHGO.

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

2011 IN NINTENDO

This week, a lot of news to cause much concern came from Nintendo, including, according to this article, more than a billion dollars in losses. The article goes onto explain that the lack of true success for the 3DS and no investment into the smartphone gaming industry [The Vita looks mighty tasty] as key factors in these numbers. The company has spent a lot of time and money into the future, and it's no surprise - Skyward Sword drops in less than a month, which could assume some heavy damage control.

Do you think that 2011 for Nintendo was a failure? Will Skyward Sword and other releases be enough to turn the tables on this dramatic loss?

THIS WEEK IN GAMING

- According to sources close to Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V has officially been announced and may or may not have more than one main character.

- One of my favorite stories this week - Planetside 2, an upcoming MMO/FPS hybrid, will allegedly take place on some of the biggest maps the genre has ever seen.

- BioWare has responded to fan's concerns about the Multiplayer aspect of Mass Effect 3, and have confirmed it to be 'very optional.'

- Cool announcement from Valve - an in-depth map editor for Portal 2 that lets fans create new single and co-op test chambers.

- Wanna play Minecraft? Own an 360? Well, Mojang is bringing the indie smash exclusively to Xbox LIVE this coming spring.

- More news from Notch's team - Scrolls, while not free, will have 'free to play aspects' according to the leader himself.

- News about the Vita is nonstop - games can either save to the Vit's internal or a provided external memory card, but not both.

- Also, want Flash on your Vita internet browser when it launches? Too bad!

- But don't worry - for $299.99, you can buy a first-edition bundle and have your shiny new toy early.

- According to sales, the PS3 is the best selling console in Europe for 2011, with the 360 remaining top dog in the US.

Contributor: Viva Sonata

Sources:pikmal, andriasang, ign, shacknews, us sony PS blog, pcgamer, computerandvieeogames, kotaku, vg247
10:34 AM on 11/01/11
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
Rockstar tweeted today that a GTAV trailer will go live tomorrow at noon!
10:44 AM on 11/01/11
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
Portal 2 map editor? Sweet.
10:50 AM on 11/01/11
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.
Everyone should play BF3.

Also play Half-Life. All of them.
12:23 PM on 11/01/11
jess' man
User Info.
^ what did you like about bf3? still loving bf2
12:31 PM on 11/01/11
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
Thought Minecraft was coming out on XBL this winter?
01:05 PM on 11/01/11
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.
^ what did you like about bf3? still loving bf2
It's just a better experience all around. Not really just one thing. I can promise you'll enjoy it though if you like BF2.
01:22 PM on 11/01/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Rockstar tweeted today that a GTAV trailer will go live tomorrow at noon!
Awesome! I'll add a link to the trailer in this reply when it goes up tomorrow afternoon.
01:46 PM on 11/01/11
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
If Nintendo started releasing games for Android and iOS they would get a lot of fucking money by charging a few bucks for a Mario game or something on it.

As long as it's not shit, I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes.
03:13 PM on 11/01/11
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
If Nintendo started releasing games for Android and iOS they would get a lot of fucking money by charging a few bucks for a Mario game or something on it.

As long as it's not shit, I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes.
Yeah, too bad they refuse to do anything of the sort. :C
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests