AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Forever the Sickest Kids - Television Off,... Album Cover

Forever the Sickest Kids - Television Off,...

Reviewed by
Forever The Sickest Kids - Television Off, Party On EP
Release Date: July 10th, 2007
Record Label: Universal Records
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Forever The Sickest Kids have been quite the buzz band this past year. After forming in December and then signing to Universal Records in April, the band delivers their first major label release Television Off, Party On three months later.

Although the first three tracks will seem quite familiar to you since they have been on the band's myspace for the past few months and haven't been re-recorded for the EP, you'll be surprised how refreshing it is to hear quality versions of these tracks as apposed to the god awful quality that myspace streams give you. Despite all the hype surrounding the band as of late, it's only been a few months that I've been listening to them due to me staying away from them because of their name. "Never judge a book by its cover," I know, I know, but once I did listen I was pleasantly surprised that death metal didn't come out of my headphones. The first song I heard was “Believe Me, I'm Lying” and which ironically enough happens to be the first track of the EP. You're greeted with the first verse right off the bat which is a plus for me and others who have musical ADD and it's more hooky than a kid skipping school (lame joke). Thirty seconds in comes the chorus and I'll have to say that it's up there with Anberlin's “Adelaide” as one of the catchiest chorus' I've heard all year. After the "do-do's" (the lyrics, not the fecal matter) enter your ears, I wish you luck getting them out of your head. The next song is “She's A Lady” and instantly starts off with the first verse as well and in my opinion is the song that expresses the vocal capability of the band the most. Now to one of the two brand new songs featured on the EP. “Becky Starz” starts off with a 15 second intro (shucks, they were three for three on no intro songs) of a catchy guitar riff that lasts throughout the length of the song and includes another catchy-as-lice chorus (hell, all the songs do) but all catchiness aside, this was my least favorite track on the EP.

Overall, I love this CD. It's the type of feel good music that'll give you the urge to dance your little hearts out and even give people who are sick of the genre a reason to listen to. Everything you want from a powerpop release is here and all it leaves you with is a giant itch for a full length from these guys. Get ready because this band will be doing big things.

Recommended If You LikeFarewell, Motion City Soundtrack, and Powerspace
Additional InformationTrack Listing
01. Believe Me, I'm Lying
02. She's A Lady
03. Breakdown
04. Becky Starz
05. I Don't Know About You, But I Came To Dance

Myspace; Order the album

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
01:49 AM on 07/05/07
Heart-A-Tact
User Info.
Good review. I liked what I heard from their myspace. I'll be checking this out soon.
09:26 AM on 07/05/07
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.
I really love this band, something about them just hooked me in. I sing along to these tracks like everyday like it's my buisness, probably my favorite way to warm up vocally is by belting out "She's A Lady". I can't wait for a full length and I know and hope this band will blow up.
09:30 AM on 07/05/07
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
User Info.
Breakdown is such a catchy song. The whole album besides Becky Starz is great. Nice write up
09:40 AM on 07/05/07
robdobi
hates your guts.
User Info.
man, that is some HORRIBLE typography work on the cover. the photo ain't bad but impact = shit.
10:18 AM on 07/05/07
BigMouthStrikes
What's up with Swarley?
User Info.
I'm looking forward to a full-length album
10:30 AM on 07/05/07
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
I was surprised "Hey Brittany" wasn't on here.
10:33 AM on 07/05/07
tacosforcharles
User Info.
Haven't checked them out yet, but I think I may after reading this review. Sounds like something I'd like.
10:40 AM on 07/05/07
istoomuch
sujin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they really do make you want to dance
can't wait to see how they are live
10:44 AM on 07/05/07
quickdrags
User Info.
i'm stoked for this ep.
i just can't believe they didn't include "hey brittany!" on it.
nice review :]
10:54 AM on 07/05/07
xxbecky
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
omg, i love forever the sickest kids alot. awh no hey brittney though =\
11:42 AM on 07/05/07
Praetor
bippity boppity
User Info.
Man, no offense, but you rate lyrics waaaay too high.
12:18 PM on 07/05/07
ishotthepilot
black&blue or gold?
User Info.
man, that is some HORRIBLE typography work on the cover. the photo ain't bad but impact = shit.

haha that's the first thing i thought when i saw it.
12:21 PM on 07/05/07
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Man, no offense, but you rate lyrics waaaay too high.

Haha a 7's too high?
12:26 PM on 07/05/07
Praetor
bippity boppity
User Info.
IMO, when it comes to FTSK, it is.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles