AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 23
Displaying posts 330 - 345 of 346
10:24 AM on 11/11/11
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Every so often I lose it a little on this site. Sorry.

Though I stand by what I said
10:25 AM on 11/11/11
GerryK1978
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't actually think there is anything wrong with this album, despite all the "omg they've turned into Nickelback" claims. The only song that really sounds radio ready is probably Just Drive and it's quite a harmless song

yeah it's not like Rise Or Die Trying or Enemy Of The World but who wants another clone of those albums? what would happened if Thrice stayed with the same sound after The Artist In The Ambulance and not created the magnificent Vheissu? Brand New continue the same way with Your Favourite Weapon and not create the fantastic Deja Entendu and The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me?

think what I'm saying is these two bands decided to change their sound and created masterpiece albums, wouldn't say In Some Way, Shape, Or Form is anything near those albums mentioned but it's certainly a good addition to the FYS album discography. It has catchy melodies and it just sounds like FYS without the synths which is what I wanted from the album. Don't really know what people are bothering about anyway, it's not as if they are going to sell millions of this album and become huge radio stars. Josh Lyford should make his own band and probably 95% of this website would buy whatever he brings out as he seems to have a huge fanbase on here for some reason
10:25 AM on 11/11/11
LGFUAD21
User Info.
i stopped reading this the second i saw the reviewer use the word "addicting."
yeah. I cant stand it when bands write songs that are catchy and stick with me. I prefer everything to sound mundane, repetitive and forgettable
10:59 AM on 11/11/11
agl
User Info.
I never liked Four Year Strong before this album, their sound just didn't appeal to me for some reason. But, this album is one of the best of the year, it's sound is strong and diverse, and there are so many standout anthemic tracks. Maybe some of their fans are scratching their heads, and from what 've heard they have good reason to do so, but they're gaining new fans like me with this new sound, and that's never a bad thing. Job well done FYS!
08:43 AM on 11/12/11
br10pb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Call me a fanboy if you want. But after 4 or 5 listens already, this album is killer. I love it. I'm not sure what else I can say about it. Can't wait to see them in Lancaster
10:51 AM on 11/12/11
Atavistic
User Info.
the only thing worse than this album are the comments
10:54 AM on 11/12/11
Atavistic
User Info.
all of you dorks arguing about the statistics really obviously knew what each other meant early on and decided to argue anyway
12:59 AM on 11/14/11
cbaxter182
User Info.
tbh I honestly like this album. Is it a departure from FYS? You betcha, but frankly it's not a bad one. the 3 songs they've released so far have all been damn good and retardedly catchy. as for pinched, the piano queen-esque thing is a little over the top, and I miss josh, but frankly the record overall is really hard hitting and really fun. Less screaming from josh will definitely bring it more mainstream, which like the author said is good for the pop punk scene in general.
01:23 AM on 11/14/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i stopped reading this the second i saw the reviewer use the word "addicting."
lol whoops sorry my adjective choice - one word out of 700 - that described the previous record didn't suit your taste.
01:50 AM on 11/14/11
AussieBoy
User Info.
I don't actually think there is anything wrong with this album, despite all the "omg they've turned into Nickelback" claims. The only song that really sounds radio ready is probably Just Drive and it's quite a harmless song

yeah it's not like Rise Or Die Trying or Enemy Of The World but who wants another clone of those albums? what would happened if Thrice stayed with the same sound after The Artist In The Ambulance and not created the magnificent Vheissu? Brand New continue the same way with Your Favourite Weapon and not create the fantastic Deja Entendu and The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me?

think what I'm saying is these two bands decided to change their sound and created masterpiece albums, wouldn't say In Some Way, Shape, Or Form is anything near those albums mentioned but it's certainly a good addition to the FYS album discography. It has catchy melodies and it just sounds like FYS without the synths which is what I wanted from the album. Don't really know what people are bothering about anyway, it's not as if they are going to sell millions of this album and become huge radio stars. Josh Lyford should make his own band and probably 95% of this website would buy whatever he brings out as he seems to have a huge fanbase on here for some reason

Except Thrice and Brand New changed and went and did unique albums not like anyone had really heard. FYS have gone from a on a whole unique sound to a cookie cutter sound that the Fooies were already owning 13yrs ago
09:51 PM on 11/25/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
this band gets compared to set your goals entirely too much. i think this album has more of a story of the year sound to it than anything.
Came here to say this. I don't here any foo fighters or nickleback, but I could confuse the opening track for a story of the year song easily
12:31 AM on 12/03/11
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
this is their best work by far, their other cd┤s wer radio-ish! this one is heavier, better, faster

Faster? Are you serious? Have you even listened to this record?
10:08 PM on 12/08/11
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Good Review
12:46 PM on 03/13/12
James RE Hughey
User Info.
So I am late on this one, but I actually think this album is 2 years too late for being a cross over. They are going more straight forward with the rock. Bands like Rise Against did that already. If Enemy of the World came out now it would be a bigger hit than before. The catchiness of that sound would be a more mainstream launch for the listeners today. This is not a bad album at all, but it's not them at their best either. Good idea, but they changed when the music of today would love them more for what they were. I think the change in vocals where some tracks do not have that spitfire ernestness is what I dislike the most.

Sweet Kerosene may be my fav.
11:54 PM on 04/05/13
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
#GFYTN

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles