Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 345.
12:52 AM on 11/03/11
Castle Builders
Been fly since I was a young larvae
User Info.
Sounds terrible. Can't say I've ever liked anything these guys have put out. Seems like they just go through the motions without backing it up with any attitude. That's what I loved about Mutiny! It had raw passion and despite its poppy choruses, it bled through with hardcore influence that kept it from being corny. FYS on the other hand are a pop rock band as far as I can tell that just exploits hardcore. Sorry people, but beards, breakdowns, and leg tattoos arent the reasons I value hardcore music.
12:57 AM on 11/03/11
Mr_V1tr1oL
User Info.
6 is too high!

p.s. i really hope for the sake of the band that this album won't fail miserably.
01:26 AM on 11/03/11
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
no more fys t-shirts for you!
01:41 AM on 11/03/11
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
ill check this out. tell me does the rest of the album have a "just drive" vibe to it, because while the other 3 songs released were awful, and i mean awful, "just drive" was great.
01:55 AM on 11/03/11
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
no surprise. the songs i heard are very meh. hope this record fails miserably a la Dirty Work and they return to what they always have done in the next record.

oh and you mispelled 'Decaydance'. just pointing out.
02:02 AM on 11/03/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I really dig the 4 songs that are currently out, will I like the rest of the record? I absolutely love this direction for them.
02:05 AM on 11/03/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ill check this out. tell me does the rest of the album have a "just drive" vibe to it, because while the other 3 songs released were awful, and i mean awful, "just drive" was great.

What.... No.

no surprise. the songs i heard are very meh. hope this record fails miserably a la Dirty Work and they return to what they always have done in the next record.

oh and you mispelled 'Decaydance'. just pointing out.

You want these guys to fail? Fuck you.
02:15 AM on 11/03/11
FalloutGuy
The Full Effect
User Info.
I want this album to do well because I love these guys and want them to succeed. At the same time though...I wouldn't mind if this went the way of A Static Lullaby's Faso Latido.
03:01 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Why is everyone saying I'm bashing something? I'd say about 60 % of the review is positive, no? There are some duds, and some of it bleeds together, but there are highlights and there are other good songs. Do I need to do a track-by-track of each song? This is absolutely not a bad review. I respect this record a shit ton and I respect their direction, even though as a fan, I would have liked to see them stay to the path they were on. I get the feeling the comments about me bashing the record just looked at the 6 and that's it. A 6 is not really that bad a score.
03:03 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
fuck you, thomas nassiff.
:slutkiss:
03:05 AM on 11/03/11
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
Still looking forward to it. I'd like to hear it for myself before I start dis/agreeing with anything

Still a good review Thomas, and yeah, 60% isn't a bad score, But I wouldn't really call it a good score either. I'd say it's an above average album with some room for improvement.

I understand that they've been around for (what some would consider) a long time but If a band couldn't or doesn't even try to improve, then they'd be boring and lose (some) fans very quickly.
I won't go into much detail with anything, but that's my two cents worth.

I also respect the fact that they're doing WHAT THEY WANT not what we want. If you don't like what you're doing, life's too short to continue, do something you love and stick with it for as long as you can.
03:30 AM on 11/03/11
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Nice review. Looking forward to hearing this album.
03:34 AM on 11/03/11
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
Ouch

Set Your Goals couldn't put out a great 3rd album I guess these guys can't either, still wanna hear it though.

This is FYS' fourth album, thus why it has the logo with the IV. #justsaying

Also I think this album will be great, love all 4 tracks so far and can't wait to hear the whole thing.
03:36 AM on 11/03/11
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Really well written review, especially since you didn't bypass the fact that they've changed in a significant way, but suggested this "radio rock-y" shift might do them some good.

Honestly, my interest in hearing this record is at zero though. It's not that I'm a bitter old fan or I don't respect change. For a lack of a better way to describe it, I almost feel like I grew out of FYS. EOTW was great, but I'm noticing I'm not listening to as many pop-punk bands as I used to (save Transit, Fireworks, and TWY) and the way these guys have fought back against their old fans who aren't as appreciative of their new sound kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. I definitely wish them the best of luck; it'd be really cool to see them go to the top of the rock charts, but I just don't think I'm going to get around to buying this record.
04:06 AM on 11/03/11
trevorshmevor
User Info.
This is FYS' fourth album, thus why it has the logo with the IV. #justsaying

Got a source to back that up? Cause I'm pretty sure the IV logo has to do with the fact that the word "four" is in the band's name.

Also, #thisisnttwitter
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News