12:29 PM on 07/06/07
[Mike]
making waves.
User Info.
Very good album.
12:41 PM on 07/06/07
rpk004
User Info.
i can't wait.. i liked their older stuff a bit, but this album really sounds promising so far.
12:43 PM on 07/06/07
James Shotwell
User Info.
I still don't understand -- and never will -- why a super Christian band with songs all about Christian themes -- gives there songs random titles that have nothing to do with what they stand for or what the content of their music really is. It seriously annoys the crap out of me.

Their sound is awesome, but I just can't get behind their message. Which they sort of hide with their titles.

so you also dont like: Norma Jean, Underoath, Five Iron Frenzy, The Chariot, Emery, etc.
12:46 PM on 07/06/07
serpent_sky
misanthropic lycanthrope
User Info.
so you also dont like: Norma Jean, Underoath, Five Iron Frenzy, The Chariot, Emery, etc.

I don't.

It's a bias of mine, I can't help it.

I was raised in a crazy, shitty Catholic environment, and I just have no patience for listening to all that religious stuff. I feel like I escaped, and I don't wish to support it in any way, shape, or form. I was really bummed to find out about TDWP, because I really like their sound.

It's like, if a band happens to have Christian members, that's one thing. But to be all about Christianity in the lyrics/talk about it in interviews? Why would I listen to/support that?

It really is just a personal thing, stemming from very crap experiences with the whole organized religion thing growing up. It sends me running in the other direction.
12:49 PM on 07/06/07
James Shotwell
User Info.
I don't.

It's a bias of mine, I can't help it.

I was raised in a crazy, shitty Catholic environment, and I just have no patience for listening to all that religious stuff. I feel like I escaped, and I don't wish to support it in any way, shape, or form. I was really bummed to find out about TDWP, because I really like their sound.

It's like, if a band happens to have Christian members, that's one thing. But to be all about Christianity in the lyrics/talk about it in interviews? Why would I listen to/support that?

It really is just a personal thing, stemming from very crap experiences with the whole organized religion thing growing up. It sends me running in the other direction.

Just cuz of certain views doesn't mean their music is bad.

i was just referring to the song title thing actually.
01:02 PM on 07/06/07
serpent_sky
misanthropic lycanthrope
User Info.
Just cuz of certain views doesn't mean their music is bad.

i was just referring to the song title thing actually.

The music is awesome; the lyrics are all about Jesus. Hence, it ruins the awesome music <em>for me</em>. I think it's great if people can look past that and just see a band that rocks really hard, because they do. I just... can't.

The song title thing is a bit off-putting, though. I thought, when I first heard them, "any band that has a song called 'Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over' has to rock." Loved the title -- looked up the lyrics and had a real WTF? moment.

Hey, do/say/be what you want. I just don't support it, that's all. I was bummed to find out they were a band I just can't support -- especially because they can get very preachy in interviews. And I do wonder why they choose such random, unrelated song titles -- is it perhaps to appeal to a wider audience than if they did wear the religious content on their sleeves?
01:02 PM on 07/06/07
konvalbr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if you've ever read an interview with them they said they literally sit in a room and make up the most absurd names they can think of for songs, because they don't care about song titles. What's the point? there are a ton of song titles out there that are the same but by different bands and are different songs, so names really mean nothing. besides most of these are quite amusing.
01:07 PM on 07/06/07
dannyrobes
Boy Castle Guitarist
User Info.
I absolutely love these comical titles. It's cool to see a band with a really serious and religious message show off their other side through the most ridiculous titles of life. HTML Rulez D00d is the best song title EVER.
01:18 PM on 07/06/07
AEast317
x x x
User Info.
this band is awesome, i cant wait for this album
01:28 PM on 07/06/07
CrenshawPunch
User Info.
These guys are men.
02:17 PM on 07/06/07
lwl was rad
User Info.
the devil wears prada.....liiiiike.....
02:18 PM on 07/06/07
lwl was rad
User Info.

dress like girls and use equal amounts of product in their hair. look more like chicks to me.
02:28 PM on 07/06/07
CrenshawPunch
User Info.
dress like girls and use equal amounts of product in their hair. look more like chicks to me.

These guys are mens.
03:58 PM on 07/06/07
ChiodosGirl56
User Info.
Can't wait to hear the song with Craig Owens
04:26 PM on 07/06/07
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
sounds promising. i'm still surprised that Ferret signed them for an international deal.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS