AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Life After Liftoff - 10.26.11

Life After Liftoff - 10.26.11

Interviewed by
Life After Liftoff - 10.26.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Life After Liftoff

www.LifeAfterLiftoff.com
www.facebook.com/LifeAfterLiftoff
www.Twitter.com/LALBAND
www.Purevolume.com/LifeAfterLiftoff
www.Myspace.com/LifeAfterliftoff
www.Stickam.com/Lifeafterliftoff

1. How did you get your band name?
LW: I always keep a notepad by my bed and one night I woke up and wrote this name down. The next day, I had to decide what “Life After Liftoff” would be. After spending all day pacing back and forth, the concept finally hit me and I built a message and direction for my next musical journey.
RC: Lee came up with the band name on his own but I think that everyone has bought into the idea of changing your life and being positive. Our name reflects how life can be different based on your point of view.

2. How did this band get started?
LW: I started the band 3 years ago, but struggled to find the right line up. In August 2010, I put up flyers at Wright State University, and Ryan was the first person to answer. After meeting for a bit and playing together we just clicked. At that point he brought Dan in and after trying out a different drummer, Dan moved to drums. After this strong line up, we brought Jason in to play bass.
RC: Lee started this band after his old band died out. We all came together a little later. Lee had a sign up at Wright State looking for a drummer and had all these awesome influences so I called him to ask about the band. He had already found a drummer so I moved to guitar. I asked my friend Dan to come in on bass. After the drummer left Dan switched over to drums and we asked Jason to come in. It was amazing how it all came together!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
LW: Blink 182, Green Day, U2, AVA, Jimmy Eat World, Rancid, and The Starting Line.
RC: I have always loved big arena rock like Bon Jovi and Van Halen. I love huge guitar riffs and sing-along choruses. I grew up on the early pop-punk and ska bands like Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
LW: Blink 182, Green Day, The Beatles, U2, New Found Glory, The Descendents, and Fall Out Boy.
RC: Ha Motley Crue! It was a different time back then, the bands just lived for the fun of touring and not the crazy business part of things.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
LW: Mexican!!
RC: I think it has been Lee’s famous recipe so far. It will most likely end up being noodles and mac and cheese.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
LW: We bring the 90s pop punk influence with the 80s arena rock, which creates this hybrid sound and is different. We are full of positive lyrics and uplifting ideas. And because we are all really funny, good-looking dudes and like to sing you to sleep.
RC: We offer something different to music right now. We focus on positive emotions and finding what makes you happy in life. We are also crazy fun live and love to meet our fans.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
LW: Michael Jordan!
RC: Tom Brady! Supermodel wife, couple super bowl rings and he barely gets hit. I guess his paycheck is alright too.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
LW: I would thank my mom, my family, my band, our fans, and everyone that has supported us.
RC: God, Mom and Dad, Ian and Sean, Danielle, the band for being awesome and Tyler for being a genius.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
LW: Stop illegal downloading and music piracy.
RC: More kids come out to shows! It seems that people are ok with the music on their ipod but don’t seek out the live performances anymore. That was my favorite part of music as a kid.

10. Memorable tour experience?
LW: Making our bus a pirate ship by shooting candles out of pvc pipe on I70!
RC: Going out of state and having people still know lyrics to your songs!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
LW: AP to me means the birth of my education and indulgence into punk rock music. I have been reading it since I was a kid.
RC: It is amazing! I remember looking at the site when I was younger and used it to seek out new bands.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
LW: "Someday."
RC: "Memory of You." It just drives and is a great sing along for the crowd.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
LW: FLORIDA ☺
RC: Vacations? Ha, I wish I had the time. I remember go karting in Myrtle Beach as a kid and that ruled.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
LW: Music I still listen to - Blink 182 and Motown.
RC: The Beatles. My dad used to drive us around and every time a Beatles a song would come on he’d ask us who it was. It got to the point that I would just say the Beatles to everything.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
LW: X-ray vision to check out chicks because you get to see naked women.
RC: I would want to be like Spiderman. Wolverine would be ok, but Spiderman is way better.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
LW: Vocal warm ups, dancing around, stretching and having that moment of psyching up. Also making a special phone call before I take stage!
RC: Stretching for me. Gotta get limbered up, don’t want to pull a hammy. We all gather around the drums and have a quick pep talk just to make sure we are all hyped and ready.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
LW: I am super into politics, I am really into family, I love the Hoosiers, and I fence!
RC: I am a crazy football fan. Most people think musicians are not really into sports, but I love it. Go Irish!

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
LW: I think our band would do extremely well on the radio because of our “radio friendly” sound. Although, my personal opinion of radio in general is that there are too many stations that do not offer enough variety because they play the same playlists and don’t offer new material that often.
RC: I think our band could work on the radio. It seems that mainstream radio is still in that nu-metal alternative stage. We call ourselves punk but I think we have enough pop to work on some stations. I try to avoid the radio right now; I choose to still find bands by word of mouth and through friends.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
LW: Spend time with loved ones, hang out at home, watch Burn Notice, Travel Channel, White Collar, write music, and hang out with friends.
RC: Just relax and be at home.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
LW: I am really great in bed…..debate, business, quoting movies into everyday conversation, and being a hopeless romantic.
RC: Juggling. My uncle Wes juggled when we were kids and I always thought it was cool. Then I started bartending for a bit and I’d juggle fruit to attract people to the bar. Maybe someday I’ll juggle guitars or drums or something awesome like that.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests