Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (11/07/11)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (11/07/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
06:36 PM on 11/07/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Viva Sonata and anthonydarko for putting this together:

Games Round-Up Hey hey hey. Another week, another collection of news from around the gaming world. Everyone welcome anthonydarko who has been generous enough to give me an extra hand putting this together for you guys. :D

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

Do you guys read this shit? Should I even bother posting it?

THIS WEEK IN GAMING

- Sony's recent job listing hints at the possibility of a new God of War title.

- Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Eternal Darkness 2 might happen oh my god OH MY GOD.

- So, Spike TV is presents the 2011 Video Game Awards soon, and it looks like there'll be more than a few big surprises on the way.

- Fans of the controversial Dead Island can get amped for a sequel - Deep Silver Studios has officially trademarked the title Dead World.

- Gearbox Studios has opened up about the recent disappointment Duke Nukem Forever, saying that the mostly negative press it got was "unfair" and that we as gamers "should be thankful that it even exists."

- Sad day for Counter Strike fans - the beta for the new release in the series, [i]Global Operation[i], has been delayed.

- Soooooo, the new Rainbow 6 game footage put out by Game Informer is probably the coolest shit. Probably EVER.

- A new Zelda title has been announced for the 3DS, and in an interview with Yoji Aonuma, it was stated that it would differ in story from the more recent DS games.

- Check out this article about the current state of video game retail. Interesting read from a great developer.

- Gearbox Software, known for developing Borderlands and currently it's sequel, recently payed tribute to one of the series's fans who recently passed away from cancer. The eulogy, which can be heard here, features the game's lovable and snarky robot Claptrap offering comforting words and a personal message from Gearbox Software.

- According to MCVUK, Sony is only 1.3 million away from tying with Microsoft's 57.3 million worldwide console sales mark. Currently Sony has sold 56 million PS3s to date and with the holiday season just around the corner, it's very possible that Sony can overtake Microsoft's long time 2nd place spot in console sales.

- On that positive note, there is is some bad news for Sony as the PS3's celebrated price drop this summer has cause the company to take a significant loss in their Q2 profits.

- The ever popular Angry Birds franchise has hit the 500 million downloads mark. This applies to both free and paid versions of the game naturally, spread across multiple platforms including moblie, console and the in-browser Google Chrome version released this past May.

- Along with the shaky launch of Battlefield 3 last week, it has been reported that PC hackers have found a way to get around the mandatory Origin requirement to play online.

- For those of you PS3 users whom like to share your purchased content with your friends, it's time to decided which one is worthy enough to receive. PSN game downloads will be limited from 5 consoles to 2 starting Nov. 18th.

- It appears that Sony has a biometric controller in the works, as a recent patent for it has surfaced. Perhaps we'll see this issued with the PS4? Time will tell to whenever the controller will see the light of day.

- Apparently quite a few people were looking forward to the massive punishment that is Dark Souls, as 1.5 million copies of the game has been shipped worldwide.

- Need a more compelling and energizing snack for gaming? Well then, look into GamerFood! A nut based snack, it comes in three different flavors and contain ingredients such as caffeine, ginsing, and lysine.

- For those who were bummed/pissed/confused/ at the radical redesign of Dante in the reboot of Devil May Cry,fear no more as it turns out that this Dante is in another universe parallel to the current one according to Team Ninja.

- For PS3 users who actually care about Playstation Home, Thursday was a big day for you as the redesigned Home launched with a wide assortment of new and improved content.

- According to Forbes, Youtube is currently planning on releasing a channel of original game related programming called Start. The planned channel will feature videos of professional gaming, reality game shows and game related news programming.

- For those of you who play DC Universe Online, time to put away your wallets. The game is now free to play, you can download it for free at the Playstation Store or the DC Universe website

Contributors:
anthonydarko and Viva Sonata
06:50 PM on 11/07/11
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
I love reading these, so.
06:57 PM on 11/07/11
sweethypocrisy
ortizshow.podbean.com
User Info.
I look forward to reading this every week, as well as the technology and hip hop round ups.
06:58 PM on 11/07/11
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
I can understand Sony wanting to limit downloads but I think 3 would be better than 2.
07:11 PM on 11/07/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
I may go all midnight launch for Skyrim...
07:26 PM on 11/07/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I read them
07:48 PM on 11/07/11
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
I read them too.
08:00 PM on 11/07/11
me7719
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always read them
08:01 PM on 11/07/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
Downloaded and about to play DC Online.

EDIT: When the servers go back up. Fail.
08:06 PM on 11/07/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Stoked about Dead World!
08:07 PM on 11/07/11
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
I read this every time...and holy shit, that Rainbow Six footage is amazing. Anyone who hasn't seen it, go now.
08:09 PM on 11/07/11
Xx sorrow xX
poof
User Info.
I read em.
08:10 PM on 11/07/11
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Man, that claptrap eulogy and npc to Michael John Mamaril, really shows why gearbox software is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers, truly awesome of them.

Also, who else is going to be bogged down with both MW3 and Skyrim releasing in the span of 3 days... geeze. No homework shall be completed this week, or maybe even next week.
08:13 PM on 11/07/11
Barcara
\rm/
User Info.
I don't post comments very often but I thought I'd chime in to tell you I look forward to these every week.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests