Username
Password
Bayside News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bayside
Inside AP.net

Bayside Guitar Solo Contest Winner Selected

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (11/09/11)
The members of Bayside have chosen the winners to our guitar solo contest. Listen to the grand prize winner and honorable mentions here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:06 AM on 11/09/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
If i played guitar I would have tried to do this.. and probably lost. The winners solo is insane. I actually like the first honorable mention more.
11:13 AM on 11/09/11
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
The winner's solo just sounds too busy. Sure he can play guitar and all that, but I'd never listen to that version of the song.
11:14 AM on 11/09/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
The winner's solo just sounds too busy. Sure he can play guitar and all that, but I'd never listen to that version of the song.
Exactly this. I play guitar, but it doesn't take a guitarist to know that he overdid it.

Edit: They were probably measuring it in terms of impressiveness, though, rather than how well balanced it was with the song. Talented guitarist, no doubt.
11:15 AM on 11/09/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Damn, that's a cool fucking contest.
11:16 AM on 11/09/11
JTHomeslice
Your girl's favorite pizza boy
User Info.
I feel like it was just enough crazy. It's not like he's doing some Yngwie Malmsteen shit.
11:17 AM on 11/09/11
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
it's a contest. he's not gonna hold back
11:20 AM on 11/09/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Wow the winner's is incredible. I like the first honorable mention's better though.
11:37 AM on 11/09/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
What a cool contest. I don't think the winner overdid it too much. There's a lot of pinch harmonics but I actually feel like that solo is just a less organized very of a Jack O'Shea solo. It matched up pretty well and O'Shea loves his pinch harmonics.
11:40 AM on 11/09/11
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You've got 15 seconds to show your stuff.. With that being said, winner deserved this. Honorable mentions were pretty rad too.
11:56 AM on 11/09/11
recall reality
But existing is basically all I do!
User Info.
Love contests like these, the winning solo is killer and I really dig some of the honorable mentions as well. I need to keep a look out for these kind of things because I would have loved to give this a shot.
12:01 PM on 11/09/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Has anyone seen my face? Where did this puddle in the floor come from?
01:12 PM on 11/09/11
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
I actually really liked the winners solo... And I didn't much like the first honourable mention. Opinions opinions, i guess.
01:32 PM on 11/09/11
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
If i played guitar I would have tried to do this.. and probably lost. The winners solo is insane. I actually like the first honorable mention more.

Me too, I felt like it was in place. Even though the winner was crazy good, it was just sounded weird in comparison to the actual song.
02:52 PM on 11/09/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Me too, I felt like it was in place. Even though the winner was crazy good, it was just sounded weird in comparison to the actual song.

exactly what I was thinking.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News