AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

HelloGoodbye News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Hellogoodbye Create New Song in 2 Days

Posted by - 05:45 AM on 11/10/11
Hellogoodbye recently spent two days in Las Vegas writing and recording a new song entitled "Killin' Time." Watch a mini-documentary about the process in the replies, and stream/download the track here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
05:45 AM on 11/10/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
06:07 AM on 11/10/11
Moon Face
User Info.
Not to be rude, but clearly they should've spent more time on it.
06:16 AM on 11/10/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Very cool idea/song. Hoping from new stuff from them very soon.
06:19 AM on 11/10/11
bence61541
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Deff some of their worst lyrics but still soooo catchy.
06:21 AM on 11/10/11
Tilde
Rudiger.
User Info.
Pretty good but it seem's like it's missing a certain something that's present in the tracks from 'Would It Kill You?' I'm assuming that's to do with the deadline they set themselves, it just seem's like they held back a little.
06:33 AM on 11/10/11
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
I like it! Sweet for only being done in 2 days.
06:51 AM on 11/10/11
doyouhas?
We're On Our Way Home.
User Info.
The Velvet Underground and Nico was recorded in two days. This isn't very impressive/good.
06:53 AM on 11/10/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
The Velvet Underground and Nico was recorded in two days. This isn't very impressive/good.
Written and recorded?
07:02 AM on 11/10/11
doyouhas?
We're On Our Way Home.
User Info.
No, just recorded. But there have been records done in that time. Ryan Adams did Rock and Roll and 48 hours over a weekend, written and recorded. It doesn't seem like they spent a ton of time on the recording. So having a full day to write one song and another full day to record one song just doesn't seem like something to document or make a huge deal about.
07:11 AM on 11/10/11
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
No, just recorded. But there have been records done in that time. Ryan Adams did Rock and Roll and 48 hours over a weekend, written and recorded. It doesn't seem like they spent a ton of time on the recording. So having a full day to write one song and another full day to record one song just doesn't seem like something to document or make a huge deal about.
Ryan Adams' Rock and Roll was just recorded in 48 hours, he had a lot of those songs for months
07:20 AM on 11/10/11
LightSky182
User Info.
damn. i dig it. Forrest's own production is better than this studio i think though.
07:21 AM on 11/10/11
shortymcsteve
User Info.

I feel you're being a little bit of a jerk about this (not trying to be mean). Do you write music at all? I do and know i have songs i have still not finished that i started like 5 years ago and then i have others that i wrote and recorded in 2/3 hours. So doing a whole song in 2 days is pretty good going. Anyway this video is just about having fun and doing something cool, they weren't saying they were doing anything ground breaking or trying to bust any time records, just pointing out the facts of how the song evolved. Personally i love when bands give an insight to any songs they record, it just makes listening a lot more interesting. I enjoyed the video.
07:27 AM on 11/10/11
tonythanhcd02
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very koool.. Great work but where is the lyrics?
07:31 AM on 11/10/11
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Not too shabby for a two-day process.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT