Password

06:22 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
Star Slight

I dont have 4 billion classmates to be friends with on facebook
06:26 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
If you take such a large group you are bound to find a few bozos, (recent example, the racist reactions from Pittsburgh and Boston fans during the playoffs, I don't take a representative) I still haven't personally seen this as representative.

Ha, well someone put up of a picture of "Love Joe Pa Forever" And I asked why? In the end, I was told that I was ignorant and didn't get it by multiple people the person was friends with at Penn State.
06:57 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
Fair enough, guess I am just not seeing it.
07:22 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
And it begins, Silas Redd considering transfer to USC.
08:56 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Quote:
seriously give it a rest. no one here was fighting you. a great man made a mistake. an awful one. no one here disagrees with that. however that doesnt change what he taught every penn state student and athlete and the effect he had on everyone who knew him. if you think thats being delusional then go right ahead...

This is in response to me saying this:

"I guess Penn State's chant should change to "WE ARE...DELUSIONAL" next year if I am the one who has to give it a rest. The Joe Pa apologists are the ones who need to stop speaking."

and

"Ignorance at its finest is turning the other cheek to child rape and then continuing to support someone who did that unconditionally. It's sickening and disgusting and while today I felt bad for the students, athletes, and alumni (including both my parents, and many family members) who were innocent in this whole matter, I now almost wish they got the death penalty from NCAA. Maybe then, the severity of what happened will finally sink in because the Joe Paterno support that continues is incomprehensible. Yes, the man did a lot for the university. In the end, however, he cared more about his legacy and image rather than doing the correct thing for the university. Joe Paterno built Penn State and today he buried it."
09:00 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Ha, well someone put up of a picture of "Love Joe Pa Forever" And I asked why? In the end, I was told that I was ignorant and didn't get it by multiple people the person was friends with at Penn State.
I tweeted "Penn State should follow Detroit's lead and replace the JoePa statue with Robocop. This would've never happened on Robocop's watch."

One of my friends who is just a Penn State fan, rather than alumni, replied with "bite your tongue," so I tweeted back saying "I admire that you still support JoePa, but telling others to keep quiet is what got us to this point."

Tough crowd.
09:18 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
This is in response to me saying this:

"I guess Penn State's chant should change to "WE ARE...DELUSIONAL" next year if I am the one who has to give it a rest. The Joe Pa apologists are the ones who need to stop speaking."
You are arguing with a brick wall but probably part of your problem was your discourse. People who feel attacked are far less likely to listen to the message.

Quote:
"Ignorance at its finest is turning the other cheek to child rape and then continuing to support someone who did that unconditionally. It's sickening and disgusting and while today I felt bad for the students, athletes, and alumni (including both my parents, and many family members) who were innocent in this whole matter, I now almost wish they got the death penalty from NCAA. Maybe then, the severity of what happened will finally sink in because the Joe Paterno support that continues is incomprehensible. Yes, the man did a lot for the university. In the end, however, he cared more about his legacy and image rather than doing the correct thing for the university. Joe Paterno built Penn State and today he buried it."
I'm guessing people jumped on the bolded. It's their last line of defense.
05:06 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
You are arguing with a brick wall but probably part of your problem was your discourse. People who feel attacked are far less likely to listen to the message.

I'm guessing people jumped on the bolded. It's their last line of defense.

Take out "for the university" and I don't think anyone could argue with that.
05:49 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
I tweeted "Penn State should follow Detroit's lead and replace the JoePa statue with Robocop. This would've never happened on Robocop's watch."

One of my friends who is just a Penn State fan, rather than alumni, replied with "bite your tongue," so I tweeted back saying "I admire that you still support JoePa, but telling others to keep quiet is what got us to this point."

Tough crowd.

Penn State should replace the statue with pictures of other people who made "one" mistake in their life like murderers, rapists, dictators and see if they unconditionally love them.

I think what I find to be the most mind-blowing thing about this is they think Paterno made only "1" mistake...

Over this span of 14 years or Paterno went from building a program on pride, tradition, and family to a team filled with criminals and he decided to cover up a child rapist. It wasn't just one mistake and the people spreading this shit mostly on campus lack the comprehension to understand this.
06:17 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
Take out "for the university" and I don't think anyone could argue with that.
There are still a vocal online contingent that would, however trivial it may be. It's silly.

In other news, the NCAA are complete idiots:
Quote:
I'm sure you also had familiarity with Graham Spanier. What are your thoughts about his involvement in this, somebody who had such a big role on NCAA committees and had a lot of respect in both Big Ten and NCAA circles?

Ray: I think [Emmert] said it right in that we don't have all the facts about individual culpability. The Freeh report talked about the participants and the cover-up and the conspiracy. But as Mark said, we're going to take a wait-and-see attitude with respect to taking further actions with respect to individuals, as the legal and other processes play their way out, and we get hopefully a clearer sense of what, if any, culpability individuals have. So we did not take action with respect to individuals. We took action with respect to a university that lacked institutional commitment to integrity and the other values of the NCAA.
09:27 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
So Penn State is now the worst Division 1 team in history with 14 straight winless seasons. You're right NCAA, it was the fault of every single person involved with the football team since 1998. Every single one of those people deserve to be punished. The entire Penn State university didn't know about this scandal, correct me if I am wrong. And yet they are being punished for actions done by people no longer around. Plus, the taking away all the wins is just bullshit. After all, Paterno knowing about molestation and his superiors doing nothing DOES change the outcome of the Penn State/Michigan game of 1998.
10:06 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
So Penn State is now the worst Division 1 team in history with 14 straight winless seasons. You're right NCAA, it was the fault of every single person involved with the football team since 1998. Every single one of those people deserve to be punished. The entire Penn State university didn't know about this scandal, correct me if I am wrong. And yet they are being punished for actions done by people no longer around. Plus, the taking away all the wins is just bullshit. After all, Paterno knowing about molestation and his superiors doing nothing DOES change the outcome of the Penn State/Michigan game of 1998.
Penn state lost to Michigan in 1998, so the NCAA did nothing to change that one.

Vacated wins are an empty gesture. The fans still experienced the ups and the downs of seasons, experienced joy and heartbreak. The players still fought and learned on the field, and experienced their accomplishments. They mean nothing other than in the record books, and I'd rather not obsess over the record books and become Notre Dame.
04:51 PM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Penn state lost to Michigan in 1998, so the NCAA did nothing to change that one.

Vacated wins are an empty gesture. The fans still experienced the ups and the downs of seasons, experienced joy and heartbreak. The players still fought and learned on the field, and experienced their accomplishments. They mean nothing other than in the record books, and I'd rather not obsess over the record books and become Notre Dame.

I picked a random game, for the record. You're right, it only matters in the record books. The record books that state that Penn State was just made the least successful Division 1 school of all time with 13 straight winless seasons. I agree with your point, but still, taking away wins does what exactly? It shows the people who are no longer at Penn State that if they know about something and no one does anything that when they are no longer a part of the school that they will continue to find ways to take things away from you? I do like that their fines go to the charity for abused children, but if I recall correctly everyone involved in the scandal has been fired. So really, they're charging innocent bystanders 60 million dollars. The people involved should have to pay this money, not the school AFTER they clean house. I don't know, I agree that the parties involved should be hammered, but I think they're punishing the wrong people. Taking away scholarships to people who need them, taking away wins which does nothing, and charging the people who are left to clean up their mess a large sum of money?

On a completely different note Wisconsin has become the first team ever to win a division without playing a single game as both Ohio and Penn State are now ineligible. That's funny.
05:38 PM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
So glad I'm not around the campus during all of this.
10:44 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
So glad I'm not around the campus during all of this.

Same. My sister was still on campus when everything started happening. She and other friends of mine still there were telling me how depressing it was. I don't know anyone taking summer classes who are dealing with the news that just broke, I don't think, but I can only imagine what it's like.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos