Username
Password

10:20 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Vince Early
Size The Day
PA
Male
As a student here, I will definitely say its pretty divided about how Joe Paterno's firing was handled which is what part of the riot was about. The other part of the riot was very angry towards the media's representation of the facts. A lot of student felt as though the media, ESPN in particular, made Joe Paterno the villain and rarely brought up Jerry Sandusky's who was the bastard who committed these horrible crimes.
10:29 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
As a student here, I will definitely say its pretty divided about how Joe Paterno's firing was handled which is what part of the riot was about. The other part of the riot was very angry towards the media's representation of the facts. A lot of student felt as though the media, ESPN in particular, made Joe Paterno the villain and rarely brought up Jerry Sandusky's who was the bastard who committed these horrible crimes.

Welcome to the world of media. People who want to read about Sandusky can read the grand jury report. There is no way any journalist can articulate how evil Sandusky is better than that. Paterno is the bigger name, and there is more controversy over what he did/didn't do. Like it or not, people want to read about Paterno. That's what the media is going to focus on, because it's what the people want.
10:30 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
What is there left to talk about Sandusky? I mean seriously. You know what he did, you know he's been arrested and is going to court for it.

You know the grand jury testimony. Why should he be talked about any further? Yeah man, let's have these kids see Sandusky's face and hear his name all over the television.

The Sandusky part is over. Now we are on to the cover up part. The part where Sandusky's continuance of his actions could have been prevented.
10:33 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Vince Early
Size The Day
PA
Male
Welcome to the world of media. People who want to read about Sandusky can read the grand jury report. There is no way any journalist can articulate how evil Sandusky is better than that. Paterno is the bigger name, and there is more controversy over what he did/didn't do. Like it or not, people want to read about Paterno. That's what the media is going to focus on, because it's what the people want.

What is there left to talk about Sandusky? I mean seriously. You know what he did, you know he's been arrested and is going to court for it.

You know the grand jury testimony. Why should he be talked about any further? Yeah man, let's have these kids see Sandusky's face and hear his name all over the television.

The Sandusky part is over. Now we are on to the cover up part. The part where Sandusky's continuance of his actions could have been prevented.

12:35 a.m - The website thepostgame.com is reporting that Ben Andreozzi, a civil attorney who is advising several of the victims of the Sandusky Sex Scandal criticizes the decision made by the Board of Trustees to fire Paterno. Here are some of Andreozzi’s statements:

“The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno…They should have considered these victims watch TV and are aware of the students’ reaction and may not want to be associated with the downfall of Mr. Paterno. The school instead elected to do what it felt was in its own best interest at the time. Isn’t that what put the school in this position in the first place?”

“The way the Board reached its decision raises more concerns than the decision itself. There is no indication the Board considered the impact of the decision on the abuse victims. The school let the victims down once, and I think they owed it to the victims to at least gauge how the immediate termination decision would impact them as opposed to Mr. Paterno’s resignation at the end of the year. These victims do not live in a bubble. They see the students reaction to the termination, and to think this does not weigh on their minds would be naive.”

How about we think about the victims instead of Paterno hmm?
10:37 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
12:35 a.m - The website thepostgame.com is reporting that Ben Andreozzi, a civil attorney who is advising several of the victims of the Sandusky Sex Scandal criticizes the decision made by the Board of Trustees to fire Paterno. Here are some of Andreozzi’s statements:

“The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno…They should have considered these victims watch TV and are aware of the students’ reaction and may not want to be associated with the downfall of Mr. Paterno. The school instead elected to do what it felt was in its own best interest at the time. Isn’t that what put the school in this position in the first place?”

“The way the Board reached its decision raises more concerns than the decision itself. There is no indication the Board considered the impact of the decision on the abuse victims. The school let the victims down once, and I think they owed it to the victims to at least gauge how the immediate termination decision would impact them as opposed to Mr. Paterno’s resignation at the end of the year. These victims do not live in a bubble. They see the students reaction to the termination, and to think this does not weigh on their minds would be naive.”

So you're saying that because these people were victimized by Jerry Sandusky, they should have a say in one of, if not the most important decisions in the history of Penn State? That makes zero sense.
10:39 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia

You have got to be kidding me, right? So you're saying if Sandusky fucked your kid in the ass, you'd want the board of trustees to consult your kid on whether or not Paterno should be fired or not? Paterno, being a man who could have stopped your kid from getting fucked in the ass or future kids being fucked in the ass? really?

Don't ever have children. Ever.
10:41 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Vince Early
Size The Day
PA
Male
So you're saying that because these people were victimized by Jerry Sandusky, they should have a say in one of, if not the most important decisions in the history of Penn State? That makes zero sense.
It does if the University is trying to protect the victims from backlash from students who, if you have seen any of the riot video, are clearly out of control.
10:44 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Vince Early
Size The Day
PA
Male
You have got to be kidding me, right? So you're saying if Sandusky fucked your kid in the ass, you'd want the board of trustees to consult your kid on whether or not Paterno should be fired or not? Paterno, being a man who could have stopped your kid from getting fucked in the ass or future kids being fucked in the ass? really?

Don't ever have children. Ever.

I seriously think you don't understand the situation at all here.
10:45 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
It does if the University is trying to protect the victims from backlash from students who, if you have seen any of the riot video, are clearly out of control.

Are you seriously suggesting that students would blame the victims for Paterno's firing??
10:46 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
I seriously think you don't understand the situation at all here.

I do. The problem is the people at Penn State don't understand it right now. They're putting Paterno on some pedastal. He's not a God. He's a football coach. That's it at the end of the day. He was part of a cover up to protect his program and his legacy. Whether he has the smallest part in it possible, he was part of it.

Don't have children.
10:46 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Vince Early
Size The Day
PA
Male
Are you seriously suggesting that students would blame the victims for Paterno's firing??

I'm gonna be honest, as sick as it sounds, with some of the people that go here I wouldn't be surprised.
10:48 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm gonna be honest, as sick as it sounds, with some of the people that go here I wouldn't be surprised.

If people actually feel that way they deserve to follow Sandusky into hell.
10:50 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia

So that means Paterno shouldn't be fired?
10:52 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Vince Early
Size The Day
PA
Male
So that means Paterno shouldn't be fired?

Oh he should be fired. There is no defense for what he did. I honestly don't think he understands what is happening though because if you see him now and hear him talk, he sounds senile.
10:54 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Sic Transit Zeb
Chicago/Houston
Male - 26 Years Old
It's very possible (and more than likely) Paterno helped to cover everything up, as early as 1998. I don't call that innocent.

Oh, I'm in total agreement with you on that. He had to of known.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets