Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
11:51 PM on 11/13/11
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
good RE comparison and good review but this album is so generic that i would've given it close to a zero. completely forgettable, and seems it was made as a guilty pleasure, an instant gratification for breakdown junkies. i've come to stop expecting anything good from metalcore these days. if it doesn't come close to tdwp's dead throne or abr's leveler, i never come back to it. there are bands that are not oversaturating the scene with this senseless garbage (i.e. the bands mentioned prior) and this is an embarrassment. at least bands like transit, man overboard, a loss for words, and tdwp are doing all they can to redeem this label, but 75% of rise bands need to be dropped. rant over.
04:30 PM on 11/14/11
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
Idk, I love metalcore in general and while I can surely see the genericness I feel that generic is often confused with 'bad'. This album (non subjectively) would be maybe 3.5/5 stars for me perhaps 3. While TDWP's DT was a showcase of better talent it was very forgettable. Coming from a longtime fan, after listening to it 4-5times I'm good.
if you give an album a 4/5 but say it's forgettable, then i don't understand your logic on ratings, although they're already abstract and subjective in nature. if dead throne was forgettable with 4/5, then lmtf's album (3.5/5) is absolute garbage, right?

nonetheless, dead throne is leaps and bounds above this. they travel out of genericore by mixing ambiance and hard-hitting chugs on kansas, and creatively shred to the best of abilities with songs like constance. and that's only two songs. the only things i can remember from this album were those times when i heard chugs, breakdown after breakdown, and senseless overdone lyrics. fun? maybe for 1 listen. honestly, i couldn't even get through the whole album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos