08:51 PM on 11/13/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
08:59 PM on 11/13/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
It's a common cliched phrase people butchered over the years. It's actually All Intents and Purposes.

Ooooohhhh, gotcha. Thank you for the correction!
09:05 PM on 11/13/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.

For lack of a better gif haha
03:46 AM on 11/14/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I like your central idea and comparison you use to form your critique. You have multiple errors in grammar and spelling though that detract from the quality and validity of your review. I would suggest rereading your review just for any errors or awkward sentence structure. It will make your review that much better. For example This structure is just awkward. If you said something like, " 'The Worst In Me' begins the album with a dark sounding orchestration." I feel as if it would just be easier to read and have a better flow. I do not mean this in a condescending way, or to sound pompous or pretentious. Just some constructive criticism. I really like the reference to the Resident Evil films it was a great way to start the review. I have yet to listen to this album. I thought their debut was mediocre. The song You Won't Be Missed, although it lacks originality sounded pretty great for the genre. This song made me semi-excited for the album

No offense taken, duly noted, and will be fixed when I'm not on mobile AP. Thank you for both the compliment and the criticism! If you liked that song I'd listen to "Faithless Living" and "Praise Feeder" for sure, as they aren't breakdown crammed songs (though they are very much there). Thanks again!
08:06 AM on 11/14/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Idk, I love metalcore in general and while I can surely see the genericness I feel that generic is often confused with 'bad'. This album (non subjectively) would be maybe 3.5/5 stars for me perhaps 3. While TDWP's DT was a showcase of better talent it was very forgettable. Coming from a longtime fan, after listening to it 4-5times I'm good.
Not to be argumentative but I think typically generic equates to bad, in terms of musicianship. It could be fun, sure, but I would much rather listen to something that stands out.
08:43 AM on 11/14/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Word I'll check it out bro. Great review of Conversation Piece as well. Are you a music major?
Nah I'm not, I'm still in high school. Thanks though man!
10:21 AM on 11/14/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
i honestly think u are a jerk off and do not know what u are listening too
Thanks for the input!
11:00 AM on 11/14/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
i honestly enjoy this record, i'm not much on full blown metalcore, but i enjoy this guys screams. and a lot of the chorus's on this album are catchy as hell, especially on you won't be missed. so imo the debut lp is much better than the ep. still it is nothing ground breaking but i do enjoy this album over many in this genre.
Yeah I could listen to this more than the EP. They progressed, (except Roetter's clean vocals in my opinion) but I would have liked to have seen more of that
01:49 AM on 11/15/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
You know that Chris didn't do the cleans on the EP, right? Their bassist left the band when vocals were being recorded, so Chris did them on the full-length.
I knew it was a mix but if that's true, I didn't know that. Regardless, we have his past material with Agraceful and Emarosa. We all know on those records he showcased a bold set of pipes in the clean vocal department. Not trying to bash Chris but I thought the cleans could have been better here
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums