When Words Fail - 11.4.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
When Words Fail
1. How did you get your band name?
From a tattoo on DJ's arm, a well known quote, 'When words fail, music speaks."
2. How did this band get started?
Broady and DJ left an old band they were in and ended up sticking together to start a new band. They found the bassist Scott
at the local bowling alley, and the drummer Jamie through previous bands he and DJ were in together. Then they finally recruited main
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Funeral For a Friend, A Day to remember, Deaf Havana.
4. Best food to eat on tour?
Baked beans or pot noodles or baked beans with pot noodles. (Will: a strip of celery with peanut butter).
5. Why should people listen to your band?
Something different you can sing your heart out to whilst also throw down hard to.
6. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Scott: Would you consider a pornstar an athlete?
7. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everyone who's supported us on the way, and bought our EP, and people who've tolerated us during production. And Gary.
8. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Better opportunities for upcoming bands.
9. Memorable tour experience?
DJ: Locking my keys in the car and sleeping three nights on the side of a main road in Reading in a beat up VW camper.
10. What does AP.net mean to you?
11. What is your favorite song to play?
Our latest song, "Breathing."
12. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Jamaica and Amsterdam.
13. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Incubus, Offspring, Bob Marley, Greenday, Blink 182.
14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Shapeshifting, laser eye beams, xray vision.
15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We all take a shot of tequila/vodka to loosen ourselves up. And Will has to have a pre-gig shit.
16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're sure there's a secret relationship going on between DJ and Will but no one can be sure...
17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Personally, we think that we could do well on the radio as our catchy vocal lines will attract the general public.
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Things that definitely can't be posted in this interview. The usual stuff...
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Jamie can down a pint in 5 seconds and Will's currently an elite london model.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |