AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Random News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Aware / A-Squared Seeking Interns In Nashville

Posted by - 03:08 PM on 11/14/11
Aware Records and A-Squared Management are currently seeking Spring 2012 interns for their Nashville, TN office; head to the replies for details.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
03:08 PM on 11/14/11
Rohan Kohli
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Message From CompanyWhat do your interns do?
The Nashville office works specifically with A Rocket To The Moon, Mat Kearney, Mayday Parade, This Providence & Vedera. Depending on what particular bands an intern is working with, and what those bands are doing at the time (recording an album, touring, taking time off, etc), an intern's tasks will vary greatly from intern period to intern period. Our interns' duties range from helping to contribute to marketing plans, being involved in manager/client conference calls, coordinating travel, updating band's social networking sites, and finding merch sellers for touring bands. There are also general office tasks that all of our interns participate in (ie. answering phones, mailing packages, and sending faxes).

What is the time commitment?
The internship runs from January - mid-May 2012. We ask all of our interns to be in the office at least 3 days per week from 10 AM - 5 PM, but 4 days a week is preferred.

Do you pay your interns?
Negative. We can offer college credit for the internship.

Do I have to be a student to apply?
No.

How do I apply for the internship?
Please email a cover letter, your resume & answers to the below questions to NASHVILLE@AWAREMUSIC.COM

1. Can you live in or around Nashville & work at an unpaid internship?
2. How many days a week would you like to work (Hours are 10AM-5PM Monday through Friday)? We require our interns to work at least 3 days a week.
3. When can you start and when would you want the internship to end?
4. Do you own any CDs released by Aware/A-Squared artists? Which ones?
5. Why should you be an Aware intern?Aware Records & A-Squared Management is currently seeking Spring 2012 interns for our Nashville, TN office.

What do your interns do?
The Nashville office works specifically with A Rocket To The Moon, Mat Kearney, Mayday Parade, This Providence & Vedera. Depending on what particular bands an intern is working with, and what those bands are doing at the time (recording an album, touring, taking time off, etc), an intern's tasks will vary greatly from intern period to intern period. Our interns' duties range from helping to contribute to marketing plans, being involved in manager/client conference calls, coordinating travel, updating band's social networking sites, and finding merch sellers for touring bands. There are also general office tasks that all of our interns participate in (ie. answering phones, mailing packages, and sending faxes).

What is the time commitment?
The internship runs from January - mid-May 2012. We ask all of our interns to be in the office at least 3 days per week from 10 AM - 5 PM, but 4 days a week is preferred.

Do you pay your interns?
Negative. We can offer college credit for the internship.

Do I have to be a student to apply?
No.

How do I apply for the internship?
Please email a cover letter, your resume & answers to the below questions to NASHVILLE@AWAREMUSIC.COM

1. Can you live in or around Nashville & work at an unpaid internship?
2. How many days a week would you like to work (Hours are 10AM-5PM Monday through Friday)? We require our interns to work at least 3 days a week.
3. When can you start and when would you want the internship to end?
4. Do you own any CDs released by Aware/A-Squared artists? Which ones?
5. Why should you be an Aware intern?
03:24 PM on 11/14/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Going for this.
03:26 PM on 11/14/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
3-4 days per week working from 10-5 for no compensation. Get real.
04:06 PM on 11/14/11
imdavidjahns
David Jahns
User Info.
Id be down for this if I was still in school...

Nashville is boomin. It's great to see the rest of the "music industry" (outside the relm of country/singer songwriter) moving to Nashville. Razor and Tie opened offices here pretty recently. Where you at Rise, Hopeless, FBR, Epitaph, Decaydance?
04:29 PM on 11/14/11
tomakebelieve
honesty waits here forever.
User Info.

I don't know. They currently have a great roster of artists and have worked with plenty of great musicians/bands in the past. I think this would look extremely great on a resume.
05:56 PM on 11/14/11
palmtree
chyeah.
User Info.
I don't know. They currently have a great roster of artists and have worked with plenty of great musicians/bands in the past. I think this would look extremely great on a resume.
combine this with most college students in nashville who are going to school full time, and having to hold minimum wage jobs, thats a lot to ask. the 'standard' for these types of internships are 10-15 hours a week.
06:00 PM on 11/14/11
Meggers
We all have been degraded.
User Info.
If this was during the summer, I'd apply, but this seems impossible with a 17 hour semester. Great opportunity though.
06:51 PM on 11/14/11
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
I would totally go for this if I didn't live 4 hours away.
08:21 PM on 11/14/11
Davey_Owens
User Info.
This. So much.
09:33 PM on 11/14/11
lyrical_lie777
User Info.
Why couldn't this be for summer? Perfect for my internship that is required for me to graduate. However I can't take time off of school to do this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos