12:22 PM on 11/15/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
a must have for T&S fans. nice review, can't wait till my pre-order gets here
Thanks man!
01:15 PM on 11/15/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
People should def check out the album. It's pretty unparalleled in their catalog.
01:10 AM on 11/16/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Cool review. Not a fan of live albums, but I love documentaries so I'll probably check this out for that alone.
Thanks, and exactly, that's partially why I concluded it that way about the DVD... I'm not a fan of live albums either haha. After some spins it'll click, though it still has its low points. I prefer a few of those songs plugged in.
06:21 PM on 11/16/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
got my pre-order bonus tracks and man they sound nice.
How's all that footage? That's more what I'm interested in, haha.
07:43 PM on 11/16/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I'm surprised that their singles like Hell, The Con, So Jealous, and Speak Slow aren't on this. kinda bummed they aren't.
Yeah. It makes sense though, since it was taken from one live show rather than being selections they made themselves.
07:48 PM on 11/16/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
huh, kinda weird they didn't play any of those songs at that show, but it is kinda cool that they played some older songs from their first couple of releases.
Exactly. If It Was You is probably my fave of theirs. Who knows why they didn't play those songs, haha.
07:47 PM on 11/22/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
This live album/dvd was a let down for me. Tegan and Sara are usually amazing live so to hear sloppy playing and unconfident singing was a huge surprise. The dvd's are also pretty short...i think interviews on youtube capture better moments of the twins than Get Along does. It sounds like they tried to do a relaxed live set in which they sang parts in different phrasings, which just sounded out of time IMO. The best way to compare it is to watch this video from 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj6aJbtOZ7E and then hear the Knife Going In on Get Along....There just seems to be alot more passion on the video i posted
I can't say that I was a big fan of most of the songs either, as I thought they lacked power. But some are growers, and some definitely pass right off the bat. I'd much rather watch the DVD.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos