AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hip-Hop News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Wale Video

Posted by - 10:27 AM on 11/16/11
You can check out Wale's new video for "Tats On My Arm" (featuring Rick Ross) in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
10:28 AM on 11/16/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
10:29 AM on 11/16/11
HometownHero
User Info.
Lotus Flower Bomb has a video now too.
10:31 AM on 11/16/11
Dankskiii
User Info.
That hogan chain is fresh. Wale is so good with this album
10:32 AM on 11/16/11
Dankskiii
User Info.
I can't wait for a video for Slight Work, such a hot diplo beat
10:34 AM on 11/16/11
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
diamonds in my ear
prada on my zipper
gucci be the slippers
damn I'm feelin gipper
10:36 AM on 11/16/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Lotus Flower Bomb has a video now too.
damn didn't see that, I'll post that one tomorrow
11:08 AM on 11/16/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
"And I ain't sayin that I'm Nasir, I'm just sayin rap's dead when I'm not here."
11:33 AM on 11/16/11
Twobucktin
User Info.
diamonds in my ear
prada on my zipper
gucci be the slippers
damn I'm feelin gipper
hahaha... I actually like that song. His web redemption on Tosh.0 was hilarious.
11:54 AM on 11/16/11
Ska Senanake
Ska Senanake
User Info.
What album is this off of? It wasn't actually on Ambition...
03:18 PM on 11/16/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't like the lyrical direction Wale has went with Ambition & especially this...He lost his identity & became another rapper that raps about money, "bitches" & fame. =/ So disappointing.
02:32 PM on 11/17/11
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
I don't like the lyrical direction Wale has went with Ambition & especially this...He lost his identity & became another rapper that raps about money, "bitches" & fame. =/ So disappointing.
You clearly are not listening to the lyrics. Wale loves to write a song that appears to be about a car (600 Benz) shoes (Nike Boots) or a chain (Chain Music) but is actually about something a lot less tangible. Go back over the lyrics and think about what he's actually saying. Tracks like Ambition, DC or Nothing, and Legendary are what separate him from other rappers.
Quote from Legendary "Fuck fame, fuck money. Fuck everything anyone can take from me"
09:55 PM on 11/18/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You clearly are not listening to the lyrics. Wale loves to write a song that appears to be about a car (600 Benz) shoes (Nike Boots) or a chain (Chain Music) but is actually about something a lot less tangible. Go back over the lyrics and think about what he's actually saying. Tracks like Ambition, DC or Nothing, and Legendary are what separate him from other rappers.
Quote from Legendary "Fuck fame, fuck money. Fuck everything anyone can take from me"
I've listened to Wale obsessively for the past 2 years & I know what he is capable of, but I just don't enjoy Ambition. His whole demeanor has changed & while he may be saying that he doesn't care for fame or money...Why go with MMG of ALL teams & his ambition being to accomplish what Attention Deficit didn't (commercial success). While you may disagree with me, that doesn't mean I'm wrong...While a few songs on ambition were what you are speaking of, the others aren't which is why I'm disappointed (It's contradicting imo). More About Nothing is only a year old & those two albums are night & day (Eleven One Eleven being similar to this album). I've never judged his songs by their title, it's the content. I didn't say I didn't like him anymore, I just don't like his choices.
11:38 AM on 11/25/11
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
I've listened to Wale obsessively for the past 2 years & I know what he is capable of, but I just don't enjoy Ambition. His whole demeanor has changed & while he may be saying that he doesn't care for fame or money...Why go with MMG of ALL teams & his ambition being to accomplish what Attention Deficit didn't (commercial success). While you may disagree with me, that doesn't mean I'm wrong...While a few songs on ambition were what you are speaking of, the others aren't which is why I'm disappointed (It's contradicting imo). More About Nothing is only a year old & those two albums are night & day (Eleven One Eleven being similar to this album). I've never judged his songs by their title, it's the content. I didn't say I didn't like him anymore, I just don't like his choices.
I suppose we must agree to disagree. I think the move to MMG was just so he could stay rapping with his own creative mindset. I have read in numerous articles that he was extremely unhappy with Interscope, thus the switch. I think if MMG was really changing his style then Ambition would be trap beats more in the air of 600 Benz. Self-Made has these beats because it caters to the group as a whole, rather than his individual talents. In the end every rapper wants to be successful, its just how the game goes

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos