Username
Password
Facebook News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Facebook
Inside AP.net

The Classic Crime Part Ways With T&N and Guitarist

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/16/11)
The Classic Crime are no longer with Tooth and Nail Records, and their guitar player Justin Duque has left the band to focus on his new born baby. The band's lead singer has started a side project called The Vocal Few with his wife.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
11:15 AM on 11/16/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Good for them I guess. Tooth and Nail did a lot of good for them, its too bad their music got really generic since The Silver Cord and Albatross
11:26 AM on 11/16/11
satanisanerd
User Info.
Check out this brand new interview with Matt MacDonald of The Classic Crime/Vocal Few that was posted today http://www.indievisionmusic.com/2011...classic-crime/
11:30 AM on 11/16/11
misanthropist
Practice makes Practice
User Info.
T and N has gone downhill. They were the label to be on, for christian bands anyways, it's like all the bands got smart and realized the politics of playing to youth groups outweigh the perceived financial gain. Also, Ebel is a megalomaniac. Good for this band, even though I don't care for them at all.
11:42 AM on 11/16/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Ahhhh The Classic Crime. They need to be bigger than they are, such a talented group.
12:12 PM on 11/16/11
Posthardcore
User Info.
Saw them 3 times. They actually love Indy
12:34 PM on 11/16/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Ahhhh The Classic Crime. They need to be bigger than they are, such a talented group.

Agreed, I feel that the silver cord shouldve been the one to catapult their career. One of my favorites in that genre. Please no more vagabond stuff!!
12:39 PM on 11/16/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Agreed, I feel that the silver cord shouldve been the one to catapult their career. One of my favorites in that genre. Please no more vagabond stuff!!
I thought Vagabonds was fantastic. Definitely my least favorite, but still really strong.
12:48 PM on 11/16/11
theonethingihav
User Info.
I thought they've been off T&N for a while...I never really got into Vagabonds, their music has kinda been going downhill.
12:54 PM on 11/16/11
theonethingihav
User Info.
T and N has gone downhill. They were the label to be on, for christian bands anyways, it's like all the bands got smart and realized the politics of playing to youth groups outweigh the perceived financial gain. Also, Ebel is a megalomaniac. Good for this band, even though I don't care for them at all.

I don't know if they've gone downhill, but they definitely aren't doing a good job at supporting their more unknown bands. The only bands they talk about are Underoath and Thousand Foot Krutch. Its sad to see Bands like Secret & Whisper and Queensclub give up music because of that..
01:17 PM on 11/16/11
the_mango
User Info.
The Silver Cord was a great albeit darker record, but Vagabonds managed a smart blend of authenticity and optimism. For that reason, it wins by a hair in my book. Nonetheless, I'm very excited to see where they go with LP4.
02:20 PM on 11/16/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wonder what they will do next.
03:56 PM on 11/16/11
iconium
brother I'm far
User Info.
The Silver Cord is my favorite musically....I think I'm going to listen to it now. Vagabonds has some incredible stuff on it, but I wish their was more of a feeling of continuity within the record. All their albums are so solid though.
04:12 PM on 11/16/11
iconium
brother I'm far
User Info.
Check out this brand new interview with Matt MacDonald of The Classic Crime/Vocal Few that was posted today http://www.indievisionmusic.com/2011...classic-crime/
great interview!
04:29 PM on 11/16/11
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
haha how many updates can we fit into one post?

As much as I have always loved Tooth & Nail, I am VERY glad that they are moving on. I'm also really excited for The Vocal Few. People need to "like" them on Facebook so we can hear a new song.

These guys are extremely underappreciated. They blow away their peers, in my opinion.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests