Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
04:36 AM on 11/17/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
got a chance to pre-order this on the first day when signed booklets are going out. I am glad. I heard it and the album sounds great. Still think Masterpiece Theatre was better cause it had a bit less production and focused more on the theatric/ epic sound and bit less of the pure pop. Still love the album for what it is.
06:41 AM on 11/17/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I love it but I was dissapointed a bit, they lost so much of their rock element in this album.
I think that is the one thing I miss. Masterpiece Theatre was the perfect mix of rock and pop. This is a pretty solid pop album and is great for what it is but would like to hear a bit more in that department. I love the album but it definitely is pure pop for the most part. I believe it is "Desperate Measures" that sorta sounds like California Girls in terms of melodies. I feel like in pop a lot of melodies have been done before and I do hear this in the album despite how well crafted it is. It is not on every song so it is not to big of a deal.
11:47 AM on 11/17/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Masterpiece Theatre is my favorite album ever, but this comes pretty close. I hope this album blows up here in the US because they deserve it, and we want a full US tour, besides the few dates on the Simple Plan tour!
I am not even a fan of simple plan. I really think Marianas Trench are best band on that tour and they really need to do a headlining full north American tour.
04:55 PM on 11/17/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I despise Truth or Dare and the chorus to Stutter but other than those it's pretty great. Surprised that with all the Masterpiece Theater love no one talks about Fix Me though. It's still their best work IMO.
I like Fix Me. It has amazing songs but I think as a whole complete and cohesive album Masterpiece Theatre is their best. It is the perfect balance of pop and rock set to a larger than life feel and flows perfectly from start to finish. Fix me is great but does not contain something special that keeps the flow of the album. Ever After does keep a strong album flow and feels complete as well. I like Masterpiece Threatre more than Ever After though for being more balanced and less production. Ever After is still a great pop album though.
11:42 PM on 11/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm loving this. It's just so damn catchy and Josh sounds great. Not sure if I like it more than Masterpiece Theatre though..
It is a great album but Masterpeice Theatre is still their best work in terms of production and balance of rock and pop. Josh's vocals are strong as ever and the album flows great so Ever After is still a tight album. Could stand to loose some effects and have a bit more rock but thats just me being nit picky.
07:38 PM on 11/28/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
That's the point. He's stuttering.
It refers to the stuttering prince. If you read the booklet the songs themselves actually make more sense. Just read the story and it seems like they made a cliche children's fairy tale but told in a cute way to a really good pop album. Overall I really starting to get attached to this album. Masterpiece Theatre is definitely my favorite but this quite possibly the best pop release this year. This deserves more attention than a lot of stuff getting its 15 minutes.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests