AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 75.
09:44 PM on 11/20/11
chcougar1
User Info.
Checked out the last album when it came out because everyone here seemed to love it...Absolute garbage. Checked this one out because of the favorable review and "Hey, maybe my maturing musical tastes will appreciate this band more than it has in the past"...Nope, even worse than the last album.
Absolute garbage? Apparently their style just isn't for you because it obviously isn't absolute garbage.
08:48 AM on 11/21/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Listening to this now (currently on track 10) and the only complaint I have so far is how Josh sings the word "stutter" on Stutter. Sound really weird.
03:13 PM on 11/21/11
x0SoReckless0x
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they're leaning more towards a pop aspect - i don't like that part. if it wasn't for the amazing production and josh's flawless voice i wouldn't like it as much as i do. i hope their next album has a little bit of a rock edge to it, because this one is lacking greatly in that.....
09:17 PM on 11/21/11
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I'm loving this. It's just so damn catchy and Josh sounds great. Not sure if I like it more than Masterpiece Theatre though..
11:42 PM on 11/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm loving this. It's just so damn catchy and Josh sounds great. Not sure if I like it more than Masterpiece Theatre though..
It is a great album but Masterpeice Theatre is still their best work in terms of production and balance of rock and pop. Josh's vocals are strong as ever and the album flows great so Ever After is still a tight album. Could stand to loose some effects and have a bit more rock but thats just me being nit picky.
12:56 PM on 11/22/11
11:11
Looking for the morning after.
User Info.
Listening to this now (currently on track 10) and the only complaint I have so far is how Josh sings the word "stutter" on Stutter. Sound really weird.
That's the point. He's stuttering.
08:35 AM on 11/24/11
blue_light_888
User Info.
Okay, I didn't think any opening song of any album would ever top Masterpiece Theatre I, but Ever After just did it. Hot daaaamn.

There really isn't a song I don't love on this. Even the ballads are growing on me a lot now that I'm hearing them in full. Stutter is amazing, as is B Team, but Toy Soldiers just blows me away completely. The preview of it made it sound a little hokey, but Josh slays the ending on the album version.

Seriously, I was taking the subway today and the entire time I had this incredible "oh-no-they-did-just-not-do-that" goofy smile plastered all over my face. Don't even care.

Preliminary #1 album of any genre for me this year. If I decide that 65dos tops it, then it's #2 but those two are tangled for my top two positions of 2011.
02:11 PM on 11/24/11
sweetforever
User Info.
Enjoying this album, Fallout and By Now are my standout tracks so far.
07:07 PM on 11/25/11
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
but even I can't deny that their singer has some of the most insane vocals out there today. His range and control is essentially unmatched by any other singer in this genre.
Too true. It's just unreal. This is a caliber of singer that you don't stumble upon very often...theatric intensity, dynamics and range off the charts....
07:38 PM on 11/28/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
That's the point. He's stuttering.
It refers to the stuttering prince. If you read the booklet the songs themselves actually make more sense. Just read the story and it seems like they made a cliche children's fairy tale but told in a cute way to a really good pop album. Overall I really starting to get attached to this album. Masterpiece Theatre is definitely my favorite but this quite possibly the best pop release this year. This deserves more attention than a lot of stuff getting its 15 minutes.
05:35 PM on 11/29/11
piaffeprncess98
check out www.avoidthescene.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I listened to some clips of this before I saw them with Simple Plan the other night. I'm usually pretty on top of good pop and pop/rock bands, so I'm not sure how I missed these guys. I like this album and at first, the vocals seemed a bit boy bandish, but after seeing them live, I'm hooked. I wish I'd been a little more familiar with their songs before seeing them though so I could have enjoyed it more. The album itself is definitely different than most pop/rock bands I listen to. I never knew which way the songs were going. They don't seem to follow the typical formula.

I'm a fan of bands with awesome vocalists (i.e. Cartel, Acceptance, The Cab, etc) and these guys are no exception. I did listen to Masterpiece Theater, but I need some more time with it.
06:22 PM on 11/29/11
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Been listening to this album for only the past week, and it is one of the albums where I go to listen to the first song, and end up listening to the entire album almost every time. This is indicative of the quality of the album as a unifying and wholly satisfying work, which is something I only say about a few albums. Excellent album, should be much, much more well known in the States.
10:05 PM on 12/04/11
hollyxxx
Lurking on AP since 2004.
User Info.
I pretty much lost my shit when I heard the banjo on No Place Like Home. Otherwise digging Fallout, Stutter, So Soon and By Now.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests