AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Stupid News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Kelly Clarkson Takes Shot At Clive Davis

Posted by - 02:21 PM on 07/12/07
Kelly Clarkson has taken a shot at label exec Clive Davis, saying "I don't know you very well, and I am not a bull-[bleep]er. I get [that] you don't like the album. You're 80. You're not supposed to like my album." Clarkson and her label have been bickering back and forth after Clarkson refused to work with professional songwriters at the label's behest.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 79
02:22 PM on 07/12/07
ArmaniMassacre
Death Defying Musician
User Info.
she doesn't take shit i guess....that's pretty cool to stand up for yourself being that big of an artist. intelligent...i'm not so sure....but she gets some points from me.
02:23 PM on 07/12/07
Paul Tao
User Info.
Hahaha, I heard this on the radio this morning. Go kelly!
02:23 PM on 07/12/07
Rohan Kohli
True Punk Fan
User Info.
She won a singing competition, not a songwriting competition. Her songwriting is absolute shit.
02:24 PM on 07/12/07
guywithstik
Tony Wonder
User Info.
Maybe Kelly Clarkson forgot that without Clive Davis she wouldn't be famous or have a record deal at all. I understand she's fighting for her "artistic integrity" or whathaveyou, but it isn't like she worked her way up to the top; she definitely had help from the American Idol as well as from Clive Davis and his record company.
02:24 PM on 07/12/07
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
I'd say she hit the nail on the head. At his age, I personally don't think his opinion is worth two shakes of a donkey's dick anymore. I've heard the album, and I think it's pretty good. So...fuck you Clive.
02:26 PM on 07/12/07
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Fuck yeah, stick it to him. That's pretty big of her to do that. She doesn't act like a typical pop star, which is refreshing. It shows she respects herself enough not to be thrown into the big machine and churn out songs she doesn't enjoy singing.
02:28 PM on 07/12/07
bubonic311
User Info.
Eh. She can curse all she wants, but Clive was right. Her album sales speak for themselves.
02:32 PM on 07/12/07
Jim Morgan
You Are The Moon.
User Info.
Eh. She can curse all she wants, but Clive was right. Her album sales speak for themselves.

407,000 in the first two weeks is pretty good in my eyes. Clive Davis said the record wouldn't sell 600,000. she's 2/3's of the way there in two weeks.
02:43 PM on 07/12/07
WCC335
Doppelgangster
User Info.
She won a singing competition, not a songwriting competition. Her songwriting is absolute shit.

The millions of people buying her album seem to disagree. She can write a damn catchy song.
02:53 PM on 07/12/07
captainobvious
User Info.
From the site:

"I haven't heard any of her music, and I won't buy the CD simply because I don't purchase mainstream music; but if I was to be interested, I would only want to hear what an artist has truly created by themselves. Who gives a poo about all these cookie cutter artists making a career putting a sound to someone else's commercially-devised passion? Let's listen to some REAL music... Whether we like it or not. All the music I do own is by local artists no one else has ever heard of... It's all I deem to be worth buying these days..."

02:58 PM on 07/12/07
MJB12
Silenced.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good for her. Don't take any shit. And any band would kill to sell 400k in two weeks. In this day in age, 400k in two weeks is by no means a failure.
03:00 PM on 07/12/07
Praetor
bippity boppity
User Info.
Pwnt.
03:02 PM on 07/12/07
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
All the women, who indepedent...
03:06 PM on 07/12/07
Ruggiero2oo8