Password

Album Review

Rihanna - Loud Album Cover

Rihanna - Loud

Reviewed by
RihannaLoud
Record Label: Def Jam
Release Date: November 12, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Dystroxia. You can see all of Dystroxia's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
12:06 PM on 11/21/11
Minty Mouth
User Info.
I like a good pop album as much as the next guy (this isn't good, but that's beside the point), but does this really belong here?

Either way, I think Rihanna is one of the most stagnant pop acts right now--'Loud' being a consistently dull and tasteless album.
12:25 PM on 11/21/11
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
If Lady Gaga and Ke$ha can get reviewed on this site, so can Rihanna. Stop bitching.
03:01 PM on 11/21/11
Steve Alcala
Let's play Smash. 1478-4468-2484
User Info.
I think Rihanna is one of the most stagnant pop acts right now--'Loud' being a consistently dull and tasteless album.

Yep.

And its not like she doesn't have talent, she can write catchy songs.
But good lord S&M makes me cringe.
05:48 PM on 11/21/11
Henry Ferreira
@Henry_csf
User Info.
I like a good pop album as much as the next guy (this isn't good, but that's beside the point), but does this really belong here?

Either way, I think Rihanna is one of the most stagnant pop acts right now--'Loud' being a consistently dull and tasteless album.

I have to agree with this as well.

Nothing against her talent or anything but, professionally, Rihanna is an example of what I call a "Major-Labeled-Sexual-Performer clichism".
04:04 AM on 11/22/11
tuuttuut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lyrics: 8.25? This has to be a troll review.
08:00 AM on 11/22/11
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
User Info.
No.
/thread
08:02 AM on 11/22/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
"Welcome to AP.net, where the score matters more than the review."
10:55 AM on 11/22/11
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Fucking haters up in this motherfucker right now. Album's dope man. I'm with you. You knew though, walking in here with a Rihanna review people were going to snap at you because it's mainstream pop, which makes it safe, which makes it the worst thing to ever exist.

The album is a discs worth of safer pop jams, but they're still jams. I don't look at scores because that's arbitrary. Glad to see someone besides me like Rihanna on this site.
12:23 PM on 11/22/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
Fucking haters up in this motherfucker right now. Album's dope man. I'm with you. You knew though, walking in here with a Rihanna review people were going to snap at you because it's mainstream pop, which makes it safe, which makes it the worst thing to ever exist.

The album is a discs worth of safer pop jams, but they're still jams. I don't look at scores because that's arbitrary. Glad to see someone besides me like Rihanna on this site.

This is why you are easily in my top five favorite posters on this site!

I'm also glad to see someone who likes Rihanna as much as I do (well, I love her actually lol)

Thank you for defending me
12:24 PM on 11/22/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
To the people who don't like Rihanna: I reviewed Talk That Talk, and you should see the review by the end of the week

Have fun hatin'
10:12 PM on 11/22/11
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
The "haters" just don't like Rihanna, no big deal. I'm sure there's certain music you don't like...
02:08 AM on 11/23/11
thatalexkid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This review really could be worded better, it reads like a high school essay.

And though she is an amazing singer, an album with all the lyrics and music written for her doesn't really speak volumes about her own talent. It's hard to believe these lyrics really reveal much about her personal life when she doesn't write any of them.

Finally does a Rihanna review really fit on a website called absolutepunk?
08:46 AM on 11/23/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
The "haters" just don't like Rihanna, no big deal. I'm sure there's certain music you don't like...

You're right...I shouldn't have used the word haters

This review really could be worded better, it reads like a high school essay.

And though she is an amazing singer, an album with all the lyrics and music written for her doesn't really speak volumes about her own talent. It's hard to believe these lyrics really reveal much about her personal life when she doesn't write any of them.

Finally does a Rihanna review really fit on a website called absolutepunk?

lol

She writes part of the lyrics, so in a sense it does reflect on her personal life

There's no boundaries as to what can be reviewed here, so in that case, I'm reviewing Rihanna.
09:13 AM on 11/23/11
Minty Mouth
User Info.
I don't think she has a single writing credit on this album. (Unlike her previous material, where she has a few here and there).

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos