Album Review
Kidnap in Color, A - The Rumours Are Flying Album Cover

Kidnap in Color, A - The Rumours Are Flying

Reviewed by
A Kidnap In Color - The Rumours Are Flying
Released: May 4, 2007
Unsigned

Who?

A Kidnap In Color is an outfit that is a part of the thriving Chicago scene. The "new wave" as some would call it.

How Is It?

It's catchy, it has great hooks, but man has it been done to hell. After an intro of clamoring spoons and dinner plates, you hear "Just Another Romantic", and you know right then who the bands influences are (Billy Beckett what?), and some bands they'll systematically draw comparisons to (Shaant what?). Next comes the enticing "By Invitation Only" where the vocalist whispers "Baby, you're no Marilyn Monroe". She might be no Marilyn Monroe, but at least she has a song written about her. The bands probably biggest song to date probably is the next track, "Lust Be A Lady", which begins with a lingering theme that many bands use of sinking ships. "Miss Scarlet In The Ballroom With The Revolver" is the final track, and contains a very euphoric intro that could sit very well on a Fueled By Ramen Compilation. The talent is there, they'll definitely be loved by those who enjoy the genre (straight up pop). They just need to go back to the drawing board and keep writing and they might get somewhere.

Recommended If You LikeCute Is What We Aim For, The Academy Is, Panic! At The Disco

www.myspace.com/akidnapincolor
This review is a user submitted review from Nathan Lint. You can see all of Nathan Lint's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
01:42 PM on 07/15/07
lipslkemorphine
User Info.
i really enjoy this cd, and would def. suggest buying it.
05:29 PM on 07/15/07
cakattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like this ep. i didn't really expect that i'd like such a poppy ep but i really do like it. it tells interesting stories. i saw them on friday and they put on an awesome show.
08:19 PM on 07/15/07
AMAAS
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea
User Info.
I got their 3 song ep at a Junior Varsity/Midnight Fall(R.I.P.)/October Fall show about a yr and a 1/2 ago, bc they were there passing em out for free, even though they didnt play, and i was pleasantly surprised by it, havent heard this ep tho, if ne1 thinks i'd like it, IM me at AndrewMaas18
11:36 AM on 07/16/07
br0kenheart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i absolutely love this CD, it's all I ever listen to. I'm looking forward to their next endeavor (;
11:46 AM on 07/16/07
SkaFan
Resident Badass
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I first heard AKIC last summer, when they had 'This Is What We Like To Call Journalism' on their myspace and automatically fell in love.

Maybe the sound isn't "new" but I love this EP and listened to it on repeat, I don't know how many times when I first got it in the mail. Definitely worth investing in. I think these guys could make it big.
12:29 PM on 07/16/07
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think this review is way off. There is a big difference between catchy and trendy. Their EP is catchy and that's a good thing. The band has obvious talent, unlike the writer of their review. I highly recommend checking these guys out. More likely than not, you're going to like what you hear.
04:31 PM on 07/16/07
danb00ne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks for all the positive comments
08:17 PM on 07/18/07
Nathan Lint
That's the real joke
User Info.
I think this review is way off. There is a big difference between catchy and trendy. Their EP is catchy and that's a good thing. The band has obvious talent, unlike the writer of their review. I highly recommend checking these guys out. More likely than not, you're going to like what you hear.

haha i just got told.
10:28 PM on 07/18/07
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.

Anything can be catchy. That doesn't make it good music.
03:23 PM on 07/20/07
danb00ne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

check it out let me know what you think
04:02 PM on 09/13/07
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know that catchy doesnt always make it good. But in this case it does. That's why if you read the whole sentence you would have gotten to that part that said "and that's a good thing."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos