Password

Album Review
Rihanna - Talk That Talk Album Cover

Rihanna - Talk That Talk

Reviewed by
Rihanna Talk That Talk
Record Label: Def Jam
Release Date: November 21, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Dystroxia. You can see all of Dystroxia's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:22 PM on 11/27/11
danman
is looking at you, kid.
User Info.
"You Da One" is pretty boring and "Where Have You Been" sounds like it belongs in a cheesy spy movie. "We Found Love," "Talk That Talk," "Cockiness," "Birthday Cake," and "Do Ya Thang" all range between pretty good and slightly above average, but the other 10 tracks on the deluxe edition are super forgettable. Overall it's a pretty weak album imo.
11:15 PM on 11/27/11
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
Good review, although I think the score is a tad high. Agree with you about Birthday Cake. Love the beat, I just wish it was an actual song rather than an interlude.
03:17 AM on 11/28/11
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
This was better than her first two albums, but 3, 4, and 5 were better than this, in my opinion
05:33 AM on 11/28/11
blue_light_888
User Info.
cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake

This is still a notch below Loud for me, but it's grown on me a little. LOVE the first four tracks.

on a side note, I left a little something for you in my review of Punk Goes Pop 4 ~
06:22 AM on 11/28/11
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Good review, although I think the score is a tad high. Agree with you about Birthday Cake. Love the beat, I just wish it was an actual song rather than an interlude.

Thank you, and I agree that it should be longer! I think she may release it as a long song.

Trey Songz made an interlude song that was like 47 seconds long, and on his next album, he made a longer version that was about 4 minutes long, so anything can happen!

cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake

This is still a notch below Loud for me, but it's grown on me a little. LOVE the first four tracks.

on a side note, I left a little something for you in my review of Punk Goes Pop 4 ~

Okay. I'll go look haha
08:19 AM on 11/28/11
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Red Lipstick For A Single!
08:28 AM on 11/28/11
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
I don't agree with Where Have You Been sounding like a LMFAO song and Farewell blows California King Bed out of the water. California King Bed is an awful song. Other than that, good review.
08:30 AM on 11/28/11
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
Oh and there is hardly any traces of dubstep. People who actually do listen to real dubstep will disagree with you
08:35 AM on 11/28/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
I don't agree with Where Have You Been sounding like a LMFAO song and Farewell blows California King Bed out of the water. California King Bed is an awful song. Other than that, good review.

When I first heard it, it reminded me of a female version of an LMFAO song..I don't feel that way anymore, though

And I have to disagree with California King Bed being an awful song. I think it's amazing

Oh and there is hardly any traces of dubstep. People who actually do listen to real dubstep will disagree with you

There's a little dubstep.. not that much though
08:49 AM on 11/28/11
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
When I first heard it, it reminded me of a female version of an LMFAO song..I don't feel that way anymore, though

And I have to disagree with California King Bed being an awful song. I think it's amazing

There's a little dubstep.. not that much though

Idk, that song just never clicked with me.

And I heard very faint dubstep in We Found Love. The album is definitely packed with club music though
08:53 AM on 11/28/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Not a fan of Rihanna's singing but the beats are great. I got annoyed at We Found Love being a single. That song is complete garbage in my opinion.
10:04 AM on 11/28/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
Idk, that song just never clicked with me.

And I heard very faint dubstep in We Found Love. The album is definitely packed with club music though

Lol when I mentioned the dubstep, it was for "Red Lipstick," not "We Found Love"
10:05 AM on 11/28/11
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
Lol when I mentioned the dubstep, it was for "Red Lipstick," not "We Found Love"

I know. But I only hear it on we found love
10:23 AM on 11/28/11
Dystroxia
User Info.
I know. But I only hear it on we found love

Gotcha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music