Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Make Do and Mend EP + LP Deal

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (11/22/11)
Make Do and Mend's acoustic Part and Parcel EP came out today and can now be purchased on CD, vinyl and digitally here. If you buy any format, you get a free digital copy of the band's last full-length, End Measured Mile, for free.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
11:46 AM on 11/22/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
So many good vinyl options out lately. Dunno what to buy anymore.
11:52 AM on 11/22/11
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Band with tons of potential to put out a great 2012 record covering a song from one of the best 2011 records. Awesome.
11:55 AM on 11/22/11
emoboy333
User Info.
If it takes 6 months to ship, sorry i'll pass. Paper + Plastick is a great label but everytime I bought something from them, there was an issue. So, thanks but no thanks.
01:01 PM on 11/22/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Both these rule. I can't stop playing the Acoustic EP.
01:12 PM on 11/22/11
DCART
@DylanCarty
User Info.
im just nit-picking here Thomas but,

" you get a free digital copy of the band's last full-length, End Measured Mile, for free."
08:40 AM on 11/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
If it takes 6 months to ship, sorry i'll pass. Paper + Plastick is a great label but everytime I bought something from them, there was an issue. So, thanks but no thanks.
P+P mailorder hasn't been like this for literally 8 months....you can't go off of one bad experience with delayed vinyl....have you really never had that experience with any other label? I've ordered vinyl from independent labels as big, smaller than, or bigger than P+P and seen pressings get delayed by months. It's just part of the process....there's a reason why most people don't buy or make vinyl anymore. It's inconvenient and things like that happen. Also, final word: that six months thing was due to a preorder, and aside from this MDAM thing, P+P doesn't do preorders anymore! But yeah MDAM preorders will ship after the holiday.
09:57 AM on 11/23/11
emoboy333
User Info.
P+P mailorder hasn't been like this for literally 8 months....you can't go off of one bad experience with delayed vinyl....have you really never had that experience with any other label? I've ordered vinyl from independent labels as big, smaller than, or bigger than P+P and seen pressings get delayed by months. It's just part of the process....there's a reason why most people don't buy or make vinyl anymore. It's inconvenient and things like that happen. Also, final word: that six months thing was due to a preorder, and aside from this MDAM thing, P+P doesn't do preorders anymore! But yeah MDAM preorders will ship after the holiday.
I'm not saying it's all your fault. And I've bought from P+P more than once. Even when in stock, it takes ages to ship. I bought the RBL cd, which was in stock and it took 2 months to be sent.
And of course, P + P are not the only ones. American Dream records are the same. I ordered I Can Make A Mess vinyl months ago, and it still hasn't shipped. I sent countless e mails and no answers.
It's arleady really expensive to buy 12" from the US when you're in Europe (and that's not your fault of course), so yeah I expect a great service. Which is not the case here. When it takes a week to answer an e mail, there's a problem.
09:59 AM on 11/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm not saying it's all your fault. And I've bought from P+P more than once. Even when in stock, it takes ages to ship. I bought the RBL cd, which was in stock and it took 2 months to be sent.
And of course, P + P are not the only ones. American Dream records are the same. I ordered I Can Make A Mess vinyl months ago, and it still hasn't shipped. I sent countless e mails and no answers.
It's arleady really expensive to buy 12" from the US when you're in Europe (and that's not your fault of course), so yeah I expect a great service. Which is not the case here. When it takes a week to answer an e mail, there's a problem.
I mean, I'm not taking it personally. I'm just trying to let you know that since April when I got hired, the mailorder has been on point. It does still take a while to do customer service emails as that's only part of the workload, but yeah, two months for a CD....that doesn't happen anymore. All P+P orders go out within a week because I make sure they do. When there are problems, they are fixed. I'm just tired of hearing the same old same old jawn about P+P mailorder when it's happened at one point or another to every prominent indie,
10:04 AM on 11/23/11
emoboy333
User Info.
I mean, I'm not taking it personally. I'm just trying to let you know that since April when I got hired, the mailorder has been on point. It does still take a while to do customer service emails as that's only part of the workload, but yeah, two months for a CD....that doesn't happen anymore. All P+P orders go out within a week because I make sure they do. When there are problems, they are fixed. I'm just tired of hearing the same old same old jawn about P+P mailorder when it's happened at one point or another to every prominent indie,
I'm not accusing you in any way. I know it's a lot of work. But you can admit that it's a little furstrating to wait that long with little to no updates on your part. I support indie bands as much as I can (I even work for the french webzine Alternativ News), so there's no problem, really. I'll be glad when I see my LP, and everything will be forgotten ;)
10:06 AM on 11/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm not accusing you in any way. I know it's a lot of work. But you can admit that it's a little furstrating to wait that long with little to no updates on your part. I support indie bands as much as I can (I even work for the french webzine Alternativ News), so there's no problem, really. I'll be glad when I see my LP, and everything will be forgotten ;)
It's definitely frustrating...I hated when P+P had that whole debacle happening. Things happen and things go on, though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests