Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 100
01:26 PM on 11/23/11
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
No doubt they'll be back together.. But even with the small chance that they won't, not the type of bands you want to miss out on taking the oppertunity to thank and reflect on.
01:28 PM on 11/23/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
This is nice and well said.
01:29 PM on 11/23/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
RIP to both bands. Quality and friendly musicians.
01:32 PM on 11/23/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Well said Jason.

For those who missed it, I wrote a lengthy blog about how much Thursday meant to me, check it out http://t.co/gdHZgFy4
01:36 PM on 11/23/11
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
My favorite band of all time (Thursday) and one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time (Thrice) hanging it up within a day of each other came as a huge shock for me.

I'm happy for both bands, accomplishing everything they have and impacting so many people and the scene as a whole. I'm glad they were able to end things on good terms and may one day return to making music together. Thanks guys, without either of you I'd be in a totally different place in life right now.
01:36 PM on 11/23/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Have to say that out of the two bands that Thursday's Full Collapse had the biggest impact on me. Every song on that record is beast and I remember the first time I heard Autobio of a Nation and was absolutely floored. I never heard something so haunting and dark and intense and lyrical. Love that track. Wish I had seen them live a few more times, but it's all good. FC and WATT are two albums that I can actually listen to from that time. Thanks, Thursday.
01:39 PM on 11/23/11
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Well said Jason. These two bands along with Glassjaw have had the most impact on me musically and personally through my life. Thrice is my favorite band ever and Thursday is still top 5. Thank you both find continued success and happiness. Gonna miss you both
01:39 PM on 11/23/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Couldn't agree more, Jason. They will be missed, but definitely not forgotten.
01:42 PM on 11/23/11
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Well said.

01:44 PM on 11/23/11
Ailite
one bright dusk
User Info.
Well said. This brings a weird feeling to me. Vheissu and this site were so big to me in 2005. The cover art was my avatar for the longest time. Thursday was the first show I ever saw when I was 13. I'm going to miss both of these bands too much to put into words. Hope we see them again one day.
01:45 PM on 11/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Can't believe people are criticizing others for saying nice things about bands that announced breakups....
01:46 PM on 11/23/11
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
dude, they all jsut got back together as Thriceday. Geoff and Dustin on vocals, 3 guitars, 2 bassists, 2 drummers, keyboards. in other words, just a few band members shy of Set Your Goals or a ska band.

it's gonna kill. i expect you to post their tour dates soon brah.
01:48 PM on 11/23/11
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
I read Thrice's entry as more of "We can no longer be a normal touring band, but we're still a band," which makes me wonder why everyone is freaking out. We'll still get new music! Thursday on the other hand, made it clear. Few bands were as committed as Thursday but I felt it was just a matter of time. Most (if not all) had day jobs on the side.

I remember all the Vhiessu coverage back in the day quite vividly. Great fuckin times. I caught three dates of that Underoath, Thrice, The Bled, Vedera tour.
01:52 PM on 11/23/11
yoitsadrian
Adrian Hummel
User Info.

AGREED! I 'm glad I got to see them before the news hit.
01:52 PM on 11/23/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
It's not goodbye! It's see you later. Love them both and can't wait until they get back!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos