Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 101.
12:56 PM on 11/23/11
tonethehero
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These two bands changed my life back in seventh grade. Thank you guys for that.. <3
12:56 PM on 11/23/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I read Thrice's entry as more of "We can no longer be a normal touring band, but we're still a band," which makes me wonder why everyone is freaking out. We'll still get new music! Thursday on the other hand, made it clear. Few bands were as committed as Thursday but I felt it was just a matter of time. Most (if not all) had day jobs on the side.

I remember all the Vhiessu coverage back in the day quite vividly. Great fuckin times. I caught three dates of that Underoath, Thrice, The Bled, Vedera tour.
Exactly right. I remember Geoff saying he has (or had) a salesman job when he wasn't touring. It's hard being in a band and touring these days.
01:01 PM on 11/23/11
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
I can see Thrice coming back soon, Dustin's kids are going to get a little older and want to hear "daddy music" It will refuel the Thrice fire.
01:06 PM on 11/23/11
seanthethief
User Info.
I can see Thrice coming back soon, Dustin's kids are going to get a little older and want to hear "daddy music" It will refuel the Thrice fire.
and that's when we get volume 41 of Kidz Bop, Thrice's discography as performed by nasally, atonal children.
01:16 PM on 11/23/11
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
and that's when we get volume 41 of Kidz Bop, Thrice's discography as performed by nasally, atonal children.
i'd listen.
01:18 PM on 11/23/11
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
I already have the string quartet tribute, why not grab this too haha
01:21 PM on 11/23/11
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Well said. both these bands deserve the world. Some of the best musicians of our time. Thank you for the music you have shared with me. Good luck to both groups of guys in there future endeavors.
01:21 PM on 11/23/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.

Punk Goes... beat you to it
01:23 PM on 11/23/11
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Thanks for this post. I'm sure these bands mean a lot and influenced most of the users of this site, and probably almost everyone in a more indirect way.
01:23 PM on 11/23/11
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
Well said. Regardless of whether or not these bands ever make new music together again (which I think will happen, one day), I think that most readers of this website share those same sentiments. Nice touch, Jason.
01:25 PM on 11/23/11
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
I remember all the Vhiessu coverage back in the day quite vividly. Great fuckin times. I caught three dates of that Underoath, Thrice, The Bled, Vedera tour.
That was one of my first major concerts. Maybe my first, actually, not counting various Warped Tours. One of the best nights of my life, for sure.

EDIT: In fact, my best friend at the time, who was a HUGE Thrice fan, bought Vheissu there and got a wristband to meet the band for an autograph session after the show. For whatever reason, he was super cool and let me go and meet them in his place.
01:33 PM on 11/23/11
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
Amen.

Both bands have been a huge part of my life for over a decade. They leave behind incredible discographies and something very few artists seem to get across these days; sincerity.

Many thanks to Thursday and Thrice for 11 years worth of records, shows and memories. There isn't a single piece of merch that could properly pay you back for everything you've meant to me but you'll forever be a part of my musical heart and soul.

All the best to everyone involved and whatever future endeavors are ahead.
01:35 PM on 11/23/11
seanthethief
User Info.
on a serious note (and to echo jason's sentiment) these bands did a lot for music but Thrice had a particularly heavy impact on my life. Their records and progression had so much to do with my journey as a musician and it definitely shows on some of the stuff I've recorded (and a handful of album reviewers rejoice with a "SEE WE TOLD YOU"). I really hope these gentlemen know how important they've been to their fans.

on a side note: I really hope if they come back in the next few years they return to the quality of their best records, Vheissu/The Alchemy Index. No offense to the band or any die hard fans but it seems like Beggars and Major/Minor suffered from the distractions of their very busy (and I'm sure very fulfilling) personal lives.

Punk Goes... beat you to it

OH. SNAP.
01:40 PM on 11/23/11
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I really love both bands, it's a shame. I hope for their return soon in the future, it may take as long as Blink 182....but I'll wait.
01:43 PM on 11/23/11
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Well said. The world needs more bands like Thursday and Thrice. Their integrity will be missed as much as their music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests