joelibyan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i couldnt get the article either
07:12 AM on 07/19/07
Kotz1
creepy old guy
User Info.
From the previous posts, I'd say you didn't miss anything. If we just ignore anything MTV-related, maybe they'll just go away.
10:19 AM on 07/19/07
Empty hearts187
Glory Fades
User Info.
I didn't read it, so I'm not commenting on the article, but

50 Cent's first commercial album (Get Rich Or Die Trying) is excellent. Post-2003, the guy hasn't done anything impressive, but that album is great. Great collaborations (Eminem destroys "Patiently Waiting"), solid pop hooks, and straight flow.

-ACA

i agree 100%
12:03 PM on 07/19/07
rawketscience
CHAMPION
User Info.
I really dont see the big deal about his article it really wasnt anything speacial...if he all he was trying to acomplish was getting a rise out of people, well then thats just elementry anybody can do that. Heck even kelly clarckson's boss new her album was going to suck balls; Aside from that, they have already released like 5 single's off of 50 cent's new album, so its not hard at all tell that his upcoming album has huge chance of sucking. Its like he(james montgomery) choose a few random ass bands and decided to write a few 1 liners about them... and yes i am a huge thrice fan but thats not the point (thrice's music doesnt sound alike thats ignorant, greenday's shit sounds alike); I dont wrong with doing 4 ep's the current album system clearly isnt working anymore why not put out what the fuck ever you want to put out, people are just going to download the shit for free anyway; might as well do something that you enjoy doing to you run out of money and have to get a real job. I will buy each ep twice or thrice if I have too, just to support thoughs dudes, cause i really respect what they are trying to do. As stupid as it sounds Id rather spend my money on a band like thrice or saves the day then on some critical darling like bright eyes or the white stripes ( i do like some of there songs, i just wouldnt actually go out and stand in line at midnight to go buy their new album icky shit or what ever its name is).

too long.
10:37 AM on 07/25/07
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
yea, these articles are great. he likes music and likes to talk about it, this is no different than when me and 5 friends are in a room talking about music, who we like, who we hate, and why. because, yes, as musicians, there is music we dislike, and it's always going to be that way.
10:39 AM on 07/25/07
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
I really dont see the big deal about his article it really wasnt anything speacial...if he all he was trying to acomplish was getting a rise out of people, well then thats just elementry anybody can do that. Heck even kelly clarckson's boss new her album was going to suck balls; Aside from that, they have already released like 5 single's off of 50 cent's new album, so its not hard at all tell that his upcoming album has huge chance of sucking. Its like he(james montgomery) choose a few random ass bands and decided to write a few 1 liners about them... and yes i am a huge thrice fan but thats not the point (thrice's music doesnt sound alike thats ignorant, greenday's shit sounds alike); I dont wrong with doing 4 ep's the current album system clearly isnt working anymore why not put out what the fuck ever you want to put out, people are just going to download the shit for free anyway; might as well do something that you enjoy doing to you run out of money and have to get a real job. I will buy each ep twice or thrice if I have too, just to support thoughs dudes, cause i really respect what they are trying to do. As stupid as it sounds Id rather spend my money on a band like thrice or saves the day then on some critical darling like bright eyes or the white stripes ( i do like some of there songs, i just wouldnt actually go out and stand in line at midnight to go buy their new album icky shit or what ever its name is).

i didn't follow any of that. that's why he's a writer, and you are not.
10:46 AM on 07/25/07
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
Thrice's Elements Project
Why Will It Suck?
: Because no matter what Dustin Kensrue and company will tell you about "changing the band's sound" and "pushing boundaries" something they seemingly do whenever there's a new album to promote everything the band does sounds exactly the same. Throw in a half-baked "concept" (four EPs, each based on one of the Earth's elements) and this one has the potential to blow everything past, present or future directly out of the water in terms of suckitude.

What a douche. Have you HEARD Vheissu?

i'm sure he's heard it, otherwise he probably wouldn't have said that. his opinion is different than yours, get over it.
11:09 AM on 07/25/07
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
i'm sure he's heard it, otherwise he probably wouldn't have said that. his opinion is different than yours, get over it.

#1, if you could remove this guys balls from your fuckin chin for a moment you'd realize that wasnt my point at all.

#2 I understand everyone has a different opinion when it comes to liking Thrice or any band for that matter. But in said paragraph he states that it all sounds the same. If you've listened to Identity Crisis/Illusion of Safety and tell me it sounds even remotely the same to Vheissu you are indeed deaf.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests