01:26 PM on 11/30/11
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
01:27 PM on 11/30/11
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
One of the best songs on the album, can't wait to see it!
01:31 PM on 11/30/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Stoked! Hope its an actual video like Up All Night not Wishing Well/Hearts All Gone

I think this song makes the most sense to be a single honestly
01:32 PM on 11/30/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
In regards to previous comments..

I really fucking hate seeing songs off Neighborhoods being called "too much like Angels and Airwaves", or other phrases along those lines. Of course there going to have some tracks that sound like they could have been written by Angels, they have the same singer/guitarist/songwriter! It's bound to happen! But Neighborhoods is very much Blink.

And I put it to you that had Asthenia been released on Neighborhoods, it would have instantly been regarded as too AVA-ish. The seeds had already been sewn in Blinks sound.

Rant over.

I see what you're saying, and I partially agree, but Asthenia was put out before AVA existed, so if AVA had never come to be I doubt they would have continued to go down that road. But with Tom writing songs that way for six or seven years it bled into the new blink album. And sure they have the same singer/guitarist/songwriter but you didn't hear Alexisonfire putting out a bunch of songs that sounded like City & Colour did you?
01:37 PM on 11/30/11
acb1812
User Info.
Fav song on album :)
01:43 PM on 11/30/11
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
Best song on the album IMO
01:44 PM on 11/30/11
tonyt3524
User Info.
He's wearing an AVA beanie for a blink video? Oh Tom..
01:46 PM on 11/30/11
MJB12
Silenced.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm curious as to why they waited so long. As far as I was concerned, After Midnight seems to have already come and gone from radio. At least here in Denver. They started playing it over 2 months ago.

Hope Wishing Well becomes a US single and not just an international one. Kaleidoscope would also be welcomed.
01:51 PM on 11/30/11
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
I see what you're saying, and I partially agree, but Asthenia was put out before AVA existed, so if AVA had never come to be I doubt they would have continued to go down that road. But with Tom writing songs that way for six or seven years it bled into the new blink album. And sure they have the same singer/guitarist/songwriter but you didn't hear Alexisonfire putting out a bunch of songs that sounded like City & Colour did you?
My point with Asthenia is that it sounded like it could have been an Angels song, so Tom's writing was always going in that direction anyway.
And comparing C&C/Alexisonfire with Blink/Angels makes for an absolutely ridiculous argument, as Dallas covers completely different ground in City and Colour, whereas both of Tom's bands play genres not too dissimilar. Anybody in a hardcore punk band could write an acoustic song that sounds completely different from their usual stuff, but it's quite blatantly going to be a lot harder writing for two rock bands.
01:53 PM on 11/30/11
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
When are they going to do it? After Midnight? :P
01:56 PM on 11/30/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm curious as to why they waited so long. As far as I was concerned, After Midnight seems to have already come and gone from radio. At least here in Denver. They started playing it over 2 months ago.

Hope Wishing Well becomes a US single and not just an international one. Kaleidoscope would also be welcomed.
Song's been climbing the charts for a while ... videos usually come after they're on the radio.

02:02 PM on 11/30/11
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
I'd really like to see what they can do with Snake Charmer or Ghost on the Dance Floor
02:07 PM on 11/30/11
punk89
User Info.

I never heard it on the radio. Were they playing it on 93.3?
02:13 PM on 11/30/11
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Makes perfect sense for a single. I think it's one of the best songs on Neighborhoods.
02:18 PM on 11/30/11
Privr005
User Info.
Song's been climbing the charts for a while ... videos usually come after they're on the radio.

Wow I'm surprised Walk has stayed so high on the chart for so long, Love the song but just didn't realize it was still that popular

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos