Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57.
05:18 PM on 12/02/11
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
What songs did you think were cheesy? I always thought The Beach sounded liked something the Jonas Brothers would write.
Exactly, I agree. But I don't know why, the way All Time Low performed it was just awesome.
05:48 PM on 12/02/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
I agree. That and songs like Vegas/Poppin' champagne/the beach, weren't even the best songs, but seeing them play those songs live was a blast. I've gone to like 3 of their shows, and its progressively been getting worse because of the crowd that goes to their shows.
Man Overboard has some really cheesy songs, I still like a good amount of them. The Beach, Let It Roll, and Holly were the only songs on SWIR that I didn't really like.
06:21 PM on 12/02/11
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Man Overboard has some really cheesy songs, I still like a good amount of them. The Beach, Let It Roll, and Holly were the only songs on SWIR that I didn't really like.
Hmm, alright. Anyways, I miss those days.
09:22 PM on 12/02/11
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
That's all in taste I guess. I'm one of the few ATL fans that likes Dirty Work. I think it's a solid album and I fail to understand why everyone hates it do much. Musically and lyrically I think it's on par with every other ATL album yet everyone describes it as some giant experiment gone wrong.
I think there's a couple good songs on Dirty Work, but as a whole the album wasn't as good. Their shift to pop-rock doesn't bother me too much, and I think "That Girl" is one of the catchiest songs they've ever released. I just...couldn't listen to the album front-to-back, even when I wasn't paying full-attention to it.
01:01 AM on 12/03/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's funny that they try so hard to be edgy yet back out of calling out a fake band. (even thought it involves some mild hypocrisy on their part) Standing up for music with integrity is edgy, cussing in front of your tween fans is not.
09:48 AM on 12/03/11
robat19
User Info.

?
10:53 AM on 12/03/11
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Came here to say exactly this.

I'd be really excited if they decided to do their whole album with him, but for some reason I kind of wished they'd work with Neal Avron for once because I love what he did for New Found Glory, Fall Out Boy, and Yellowcard. I do think Alex needs to step up his game in writing though. He mastered in writing catchy songs when they were doing straight up pop rock, but I think if he wants to take his band to the next level, he needs to write a hit song like 'Ocean Avenue', 'The Middle', or 'Sugar, We're Goin Down', where it launched their bands to mainstream success like All Time Low wants to do.

Neal Avron would be awesome, but even if he produced such a hit song, I doubt it'd carry them to the next level. The radio isn't as open to pop rock as it was in the Drive Thru era. Back then, pop punk was extremely popular and bands like NFG, YC, TSL, etc were exploding but now that isn't the case. Outside of the scene, the genre isn't played on the radio anymore.
11:13 AM on 12/03/11
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Neal Avron would be awesome, but even if he produced such a hit song, I doubt it'd carry them to the next level. The radio isn't as open to pop rock as it was in the Drive Thru era. Back then, pop punk was extremely popular and bands like NFG, YC, TSL, etc were exploding but now that isn't the case. Outside of the scene, the genre isn't played on the radio anymore.
Yea, unfortunately, I understand that is the case now. Its funny I just made a thread a couple weeks ago about it but everybody just said the thread was pointless so I deleted it haha There's a lot of factors that play into it including industry, label, etc, but in my opinion, no bands now have any songs that could have mainstream success like the songs from late 90s, early 2000s had. I guess I'm just really hoping that in the near future another generation of pop rock/pop punk bands will have mainstream success and I feel like Alex and All Time Low have the potential to do that.
07:09 PM on 12/03/11
justbradley
User Info.
Not funny. I want Thrice and Thursday back. ATL, not so much. Unless they came back as the old ATL, not the ATL from the past two albums.
Thrice and Thursday need to come back. Definitely. I don't really care about these guys, honestly. They've never interested me and never will.
11:28 PM on 12/03/11
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
Yea, unfortunately, I understand that is the case now. Its funny I just made a thread a couple weeks ago about it but everybody just said the thread was pointless so I deleted it haha There's a lot of factors that play into it including industry, label, etc, but in my opinion, no bands now have any songs that could have mainstream success like the songs from late 90s, early 2000s had. I guess I'm just really hoping that in the near future another generation of pop rock/pop punk bands will have mainstream success and I feel like Alex and All Time Low have the potential to do that.

Couldn't agree more..they have all the tools to do it easily. Just need that one right song to get the ball rolling!
09:51 AM on 12/04/11
Almost421
How did I get here?
User Info.
This is exciting. It will definitely be a while before the next release and I hope they don't rush it. It seems like people are never satisfied with new music from bands. If they stay the same, then people will complain about it being boring and that it sounds the same as their last record with no progression. If they change their sound in some way, then people complain and say it's too different and they want the old style back.
11:16 PM on 12/04/11
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
Incase it matters or anyone didn't see it. Alex tweeted that he and Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday put down some vocals on a new demo together this week..bought time they do a real recorded song together..well at least hoping it becomes a legit song and not just a demo lol
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums