Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 75.
05:41 PM on 12/02/11
dmryan33
dmryan33
User Info.
I like this cd more than Black & White already but i still miss their CSWS sound
06:32 PM on 12/02/11
Thatguy101
Dive in and swim away
User Info.
Gotta love these guys for making the music they want rather then what everyone else does. I was one of the few that preferred Black and White over CSWS. This new record's even more different though, looks like its gonna be a half and half for me. Dig a lot of em, some haven't done much for me.
06:48 PM on 12/02/11
birtcho
is...
User Info.
So much love haha
07:35 PM on 12/02/11
justbradley
User Info.
A lot of people seem to dig the new record/song and I don't know... I didn't really like "Black and White." It became bland pop-rock that didn't impress me. I might consider listening to it.
07:49 PM on 12/02/11
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Trademark? This sounds pretty different from what they've put out in the past.
09:19 PM on 12/02/11
Takuto
User Info.
It's obvious that Never Shout Never influenced this band a lot during the Harmony Tour.
It's a decent album, a lot better than Black and White (although none of the tracks on this album is better than Inside of You or Right Girl). But I have the same concern as Black and White for this band, a boring live performance. I know girls will always enjoy The Maine because they lust over the band so it doesn't matter what style they release. But I can't jump to any songs off Pioneer. The TWWT and CSWS eras were some of my favorite concert memories ever. I'm sad this band will probably never go back to pop music. Especially since this style of pseudo-indie/alt rock isn't any more mature or original as pop music in the scene in my opinion. It's exactly like a Never Shout Never, A Rocket to the Moon, or the latest The Summer Set album.
10:01 PM on 12/02/11
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Haha, where did all this CWSW love come from? People here bitched more about this band in those days, I think, than any band I've seen on this site. Hell, they still get grouped in with all of those "neon" bands to this day.

IMO, this band has always known how to write a solid song, I just was never a fan of the style of music they were playing. I can definitely get into this though. I'm happy for these guys being able to write the music they've probably wanted to all along. I hear a lot of Augustana and Ryan Adams influences in this.
10:51 PM on 12/02/11
jtkmoonroofs
User Info.
You can definitely tell Warner didn't have as much creative control on this new record. Props to the band for taking a DIY route.
11:55 PM on 12/02/11
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
Throw away all preconceived notions of this band: then listen.
It's really well-crafted music. Very 90's influenced--which I love.

I think they should tour with colors in the air. (Another great band!)
01:42 AM on 12/03/11
SamKS
ribbons and sugar
User Info.
It's obvious that Never Shout Never influenced this band a lot during the Harmony Tour.
It's a decent album, a lot better than Black and White (although none of the tracks on this album is better than Inside of You or Right Girl). But I have the same concern as Black and White for this band, a boring live performance. I know girls will always enjoy The Maine because they lust over the band so it doesn't matter what style they release. But I can't jump to any songs off Pioneer. The TWWT and CSWS eras were some of my favorite concert memories ever. I'm sad this band will probably never go back to pop music. Especially since this style of pseudo-indie/alt rock isn't any more mature or original as pop music in the scene in my opinion. It's exactly like a Never Shout Never, A Rocket to the Moon, or the latest The Summer Set album.
There was no way in hell NeverShoutNever influenced this band. I don't hear that at all.
04:43 AM on 12/03/11
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
Throw away all preconceived notions of this band: then listen.
It's really well-crafted music. Very 90's influenced--which I love.

I think they should tour with colors in the air. (Another great band!)
you can definitely hear that "90's influence". I felt like a lot of the songs could have been on alt-rock radio stations back then, especially Misery
08:00 AM on 12/03/11
scmaley
And away we go
User Info.
I've been following them for awhile, like a lot of people on this site. This is definitely a departure from their early music, but I like how they've grown as musicians. I really like this.
08:01 AM on 12/03/11
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Wut. I don't even know why I clicked this link since I've hated this neon-shorts band since I first heard them, but this song is way better than that other old stuff. I am confuse.
08:31 AM on 12/03/11
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
you can definitely hear that "90's influence". I felt like a lot of the songs could have been on alt-rock radio stations back then, especially Misery
oh yeah! I've only listened to the album once through, but I loved it on first listen.
09:45 AM on 12/03/11
Jbuch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wut. I don't even know why I clicked this link since I've hated this neon-shorts band since I first heard them, but this song is way better than that other old stuff. I am confuse.

You gotta think when they were in their neon stage, they were 17-19 years old, now they are 21-23. Of course the music will be different. I really think this band can go places if they keep this up.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests