Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 75.
07:27 PM on 12/03/11
Almost421
How did I get here?
User Info.
This song was alright. It sounded kinda country to me. I guess Americana is the correct genre to classify this music. I really liked Some Days though. Hopefully this album does well.
12:54 AM on 12/04/11
LessThan3
Oppar Oppar
User Info.
Wow, not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be!
10:48 AM on 12/04/11
mar_
Registered Loser
User Info.
You know what? I think I'll give it a shot. However, I'm not a big fan of the album art. It looks a little half-assed to me. I mean, it's humorous, but not their best artwork. Anyway, I've been a fan for awhile, and I think I'll listen to for the heck of it and see if it's good.
I'm curious to find out what you think of it.
12:37 PM on 12/04/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This song was alright. It sounded kinda country to me. I guess Americana is the correct genre to classify this music. I really liked Some Days though. Hopefully this album does well.
My Heroine and Misery are just fantastic songs. I love how the band really worked on their songwriting and technical skills. This album for the most part lacks that cheese factor B&W had. It was not a bad album but had weak parts throughout it. This album is rather solid and the guitar does not seem like it could come from a band that played their old brand of music.
04:54 PM on 12/04/11
justbradley
User Info.
I'm curious to find out what you think of it.
I'm a few songs into it right now, and I'm sort of enjoying it. I won't really know for sure until I'm completely finished, but I actually kinda like it. It's not Black and White but it's not Can't Stop Won't Stop, either. The only thing that bugs me are their lyrics. I don't think they're that good. I've always thought that, even back in The Way We Talk days. And that's really the main complaint I have. Other than that, this record has a very Americana vibe, as well as a country-pop kinda vibe, too. Like I'm sure this would pass as a country record, too. I like how it's not as pop-rock as B&W was. It's a little bit different.
06:22 PM on 12/04/11
mar_
Registered Loser
User Info.
I'm a few songs into it right now, and I'm sort of enjoying it. I won't really know for sure until I'm completely finished, but I actually kinda like it. It's not Black and White but it's not Can't Stop Won't Stop, either. The only thing that bugs me are their lyrics. I don't think they're that good. I've always thought that, even back in The Way We Talk days. And that's really the main complaint I have. Other than that, this record has a very Americana vibe, as well as a country-pop kinda vibe, too. Like I'm sure this would pass as a country record, too. I like how it's not as pop-rock as B&W was. It's a little bit different.
It flows really well. And it's definitely more adventurous than stuff they've done before. I still think "We'll All Be..." is the best comparison to older stuff, or I guess something older than hints to what they're capable of and work with here. I'll admit their lyrics have never been the best, but I think these are a step up from Black and White. And there are some really cool guitar riffs and distortion-y things and stuff.
07:16 PM on 12/04/11
justbradley
User Info.
It does flow well. I noticed that after I listened to it. I kinda thought the first few tracks were a bit weak, but then once about half way in, it gets amazingly better. I definitely caught hints of "Black and White" and "CSWS" all the way throughout. My favorite track is probably the last one. This record shows so much of their potential over "Black and White." "B&W" didn't do anything for me, really, but this record shows me that they're capable of so much more. The guitar riffs are cool and the distortion effects are pretty cool. It's not a bad record, by no means. Granted, this record doesn't completely sway me back to being a big fan of The Maine, but it's getting there.
09:19 PM on 12/04/11
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
listening to it now and i think it's awesome. Something new and fresh to listen to
12:01 AM on 12/05/11
clove2873
Southern Air saved my life
User Info.
Did anyone else catch a hint of LFO in Identity? Please, someone tell me I'm not crazy.
07:21 AM on 12/06/11
pinkdressinpari
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i really like this new album.
02:21 PM on 12/06/11
JustJaredH
User Info.
Disliked everything this band has ever done, but I can't stop listening to this new album.
07:07 AM on 12/07/11
Almost421
How did I get here?
User Info.
My Heroine and Misery are just fantastic songs. I love how the band really worked on their songwriting and technical skills. This album for the most part lacks that cheese factor B&W had. It was not a bad album but had weak parts throughout it. This album is rather solid and the guitar does not seem like it could come from a band that played their old brand of music.

Honestly, I've only heard a few songs by them. From this album, I have only listened to Some Days and While Listening To Rock & Roll. I will try to remember to listen to My Heroine and Misery. The only other songs that I know by them are Everything I Ask For and Into Your Arms. They definitely have improved, which is what should happen as a band gains experience. I haven't heard anything from Black & White, but I might check it out. Though people seem to like Pioneer more than B&W. True, they have a different sound now.
11:02 AM on 12/07/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Honestly, I've only heard a few songs by them. From this album, I have only listened to Some Days and While Listening To Rock & Roll. I will try to remember to listen to My Heroine and Misery. The only other songs that I know by them are Everything I Ask For and Into Your Arms. They definitely have improved, which is what should happen as a band gains experience. I haven't heard anything from Black & White, but I might check it out. Though people seem to like Pioneer more than B&W. True, they have a different sound now.
First album was really power pop. They moved to a pop rock style that was not very technical and lyrics were weak. B&W was a fun at times but was nothing special. This album is impressive. Lyrics are still in the working stage. They have gotten much better though and the guitar is way more technical. Album actually contains some nice rifts.
09:29 PM on 12/08/11
EM422
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The label they released it on is an imprint from the Major label to appear DIY... Just throwing that out there.
06:13 PM on 12/23/11
Bsprint5000
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the maine have always been a guilty pleasure of mine but after spinning the new album i don't need to label them a guilty pleasure anymore. i'm not gonna lie i own all releases from the band but some of their earlier material is pretty power-popish and i'm not sure i'd wear it on my sleeve that i was a fan of the band and being 26 i don't think i will ever find myself going to a maine show with the young female composition of their fan base. with that being said, i think its safe to officially label myself a fan of this album and band.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS