Username
Password

08:29 AM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
suburbn_thrills
@thejenzink
New Jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
What was your major in college and what would you want to go to grad school for? What kinds of jobs have you been looking for?

In the long run, grad school typically pays off depending on what you want to do. There are a lot of options to help you get through it.

I majored in Journalism. Half way through I got really interested in Public Relations/Marketing...did some internships/part-time work, but my school wouldn't let me take a lot of the classes I wanted to because I wasn't in that department (had to be in comm for PR classes, business for marketing classes). I just feel like there's a lot more I can learn and from job searching right now it seems like a detailed knowledge and more experience would help a lot and actually get me where I want to be career-wise.
10:42 AM on 08/15/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Bumping this thread.

Starting grad school in two weeks and kind of nervous. It's been two years since my undergrad and I am employed full time by a company who is paying for my grad school. Hoping I can get back in the swing of things and am able to complete my school work while not sacrificing my day job.
11:14 AM on 08/15/12 
User Info.
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
Bumping this thread.

Starting grad school in two weeks and kind of nervous. It's been two years since my undergrad and I am employed full time by a company who is paying for my grad school. Hoping I can get back in the swing of things and am able to complete my school work while not sacrificing my day job.

I went back to Grad School 2 years after my Undergrad as well. The toughest part for me was that a majority of the folks were going to Grad School for the sole purpose of extending their college experience and wanted to continue to party. At that point in my life I was more career focused. It wasn't so bad, but my first few term papers sucked because I had forgotten everything about proper research and all that jazz. Best of Luck!
02:18 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I have my eye on this sweet MS/PhD program at UMass Med for Molecular Genetics and Microbiology. Still a few years away, but I would love to do that.
01:12 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
roxy
Yeah we really got lucky
Boston, MA
Female - 27 Years Old
Bumping this thread.

I'm currently in grad school full time plus I work part time. It was three years for me in between undergrad and grad, but I also am completely switching careers so have a little bit extra work than my peers. If you were a good undergrad student it is pretty easy to get back into the swing of being a student. I feel like working in addition to going to school is actually less stressful because it forces me to schedule and prioritize my work and school work instead of procrastinating. Plus, depending on what industry/program you're in, most people will have the same kind of schedule as you. With your company paying, I am super jealous. As a teacher I only get $800 a year towards my masters and that doesn't even cover a class.
10:15 AM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
OH_BE
Beard Life!
Just started working toward my MBA at Valdosta State University. I got a Grad Assistant position through their Housing Office which has reduced my tuition to $38!!! :) Too bad the fees are still around a grand! :( Accounting is going to be the death of me!
01:56 PM on 09/06/12 
User Info.
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
Southern California
Male - 24 Years Old
Today was my first day of student teaching.
05:11 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
horsetheman
CT
Male - 27 Years Old
Today was my first day of student teaching.

Sounds like fun, I learned the basics of giving a rectal exam.

a little bit of lube goes a long way and the prostate should feel like a small rubber ball.
10:56 PM on 09/18/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
I just applied yesterday!!!! The $400 fee (sent to 5 schools though) was a killer.

I am so nervous.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version