Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Isle Of Wight Headliners Complete

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (12/08/11)
Pearl Jam has been announced as the Saturday night headliner for the Isle Of Wight Festival 2012. They join Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at the top of the bill for the weekend.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
07:47 AM on 12/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Damn, should've thought of that. Good choice seeing that REM is done and Wilco is probably a bit smalll to headline a stage there.
07:50 AM on 12/08/11
gold soundz
User Info.
Why can't the us every put together festivals on par with Europe? Awesome headliners
07:50 AM on 12/08/11
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Weak ass lineup, I'd rather be at this.
07:52 AM on 12/08/11
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
big breathe carolina fan eh?
07:54 AM on 12/08/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Give it 10 years and every band on that lineup will be broken up.

Edit: Maybe 5 lol
07:59 AM on 12/08/11
ACA
User Info.
big breathe carolina fan eh?

How can you not love this. Fuck Bruce Springsteen.
07:59 AM on 12/08/11
ugman_2000
May your music break my ear drums
User Info.
Wish I had £200 this time of year, bound to be sold out by the time I can afford this
08:02 AM on 12/08/11
ACA
User Info.
Wish I had £200 this time of year, bound to be sold out by the time I can afford this
When does this usually sell out? I bet I could get my brother to go with me, Tom Petty and The Boss are his two favorites. I've never left these United States so it could be awesome.

Unless there are better festivals you think? How's the weather over there this time of year?

Any info/advice for European-ignorant chap like myself would be much appreciated.
08:05 AM on 12/08/11
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
How can you not love this. Fuck Bruce Springsteen.

i just spit out my drink
perfect just perfect
08:09 AM on 12/08/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
When does this usually sell out? I bet I could get my brother to go with me, Tom Petty and The Boss are his two favorites. I've never left these United States so it could be awesome.

Unless there are better festivals you think? How's the weather over there this time of year?

Any info/advice for European-ignorant chap like myself would be much appreciated.
This festival is superb, I go every year and it's normally great weather, in the past 8 years there's only been one horrible weathered year which was a couple of years ago, even then only one of the days had rain.

Differs every year in terms of selling out but the biggest festival over here, Glastonbury, is taking a break in 2012, so other festivals like this and Reading/Leeds Festivals will probably sell out a lot faster than normal (I'd say by end of January probably, if not sooner now all headliners are announced).

I've been to a good number of different festivals and this ranks as the most fun and laid back. Other major festivals can often have crowds of younger people where as this always has a diverse range of ages, mainly 18+ crowds. I'd recommend getting a camping ticket too though, because accommodation elsewhere is hard to find, plus camping there is just better. Also, when you book your ticket you have to book ferry transport from mainland England over to the Isle Of Wight...as it's an island. This can be hard to arrange if you leave it too late.

Any other info. feel free to ask.
08:15 AM on 12/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Other than As Cities Burn I wish all these bands would O'Doyle themselves right off a cliff.
08:22 AM on 12/08/11
ACA
User Info.
This festival is superb, I go every year and it's normally great weather, in the past 8 years there's only been one horrible weathered year which was a couple of years ago, even then only one of the days had rain.

Differs every year in terms of selling out but the biggest festival over here, Glastonbury, is taking a break in 2012, so other festivals like this and Reading/Leeds Festivals will probably sell out a lot faster than normal (I'd say by end of January probably, if not sooner now all headliners are announced).

I've been to a good number of different festivals and this ranks as the most fun and laid back. Other major festivals can often have crowds of younger people where as this always has a diverse range of ages, mainly 18+ crowds. I'd recommend getting a camping ticket too though, because accommodation elsewhere is hard to find, plus camping there is just better. Also, when you book your ticket you have to book ferry transport from mainland England over to the Isle Of Wight...as it's an island. This can be hard to arrange if you leave it too late.

Any other info. feel free to ask.

Very informative. Very much appreciated. I'll throw out some questions, if you don't mind answering.

What is camping like?

What is provided (just a space?)?

What should I bring camping?

Do you need to take a ferry ever day if you are camping?

Anything else cool you want to share?
08:29 AM on 12/08/11
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
holy shit there's gonna be a lot of hitz.
08:38 AM on 12/08/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Very informative. Very much appreciated. I'll throw out some questions, if you don't mind answering.

What is camping like?

What is provided (just a space?)?

What should I bring camping?

Do you need to take a ferry ever day if you are camping?

Anything else cool you want to share?
Camping is great, but it's 70, 000 people camping in various fields (broken up by colours so you know to find your tent) so naturally, it's a sea of tents. You are always going to be camping practically on top of eachother (not literally). It's never annoying or noticeable in the grand scheme of things though and is the same with any UK festival:

Spots aren't allocated, you just turn up and pitch your tent in any space you can find, but this is easy enough, there's plenty of space and it's a cool way to make friends quickly.

Toilets, sinks, showers (they get busy quickly as you can imagine) and drinking taps are provided everywhere as well as food vans in each camping field. So you can wake up and grab a coffee and a bacon roll or something before heading off to do your thing for the day. But nothing is "provided" as such (nothing personalised anyways).

Take toilet paper, number one rule. Toothbrush and washing stuff, a towel, camping gear (just a tent and sleeping bag is all that's needed really) and change of clothes obviously. You can purchase food, drink and alcohol on site but be aware it will be more expensive than normal.

Ferry isn't necessary every day, only needed to get on the island and then back off it once the festival is over. All camping is on the island and on the grounds of the festival. The bands, stages and majority of bars/clubs are inside "The Arena". This opens from noon until 2-3am every night. When that is closed, there is still plenty of food, drink, stalls/shops, entertainment and bars to hang out in. There's also a fairground and a silent disco which is so fun. All of this is part of the festival and on the same "grounds". You don't ever have to the leave the festival grounds over the weekend.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests